Seattle Airport to Vancouver transportation via HAL

AlaskaNewbie68

Hi, wondering if anyone else has done the Seattle Double Denali trip...we are supposed to be picked up by HAL at Seattle airport at 9 a.m and transported via coach to Vancouver for our cruise. THere is nothing in our docs about the meeting place. Curious if anyone else has done this. I will call them a few weeks prior if we don't receive any further communication.

Thanks!

Michele

Michele,

There's a parking lot just outside the terminal where all the cruise lines pick up and drop off. I suspect that's where you'll meet, or just inside the terminal. I would think HAL would supply this information. There should be a HAL rep there to direct you.

Roz

I took the HAL bus from the Seattle airport to the Vancouver pier a few years ago. Assuming it's the same procedure as then, here's how it went for me.

I arrived the day before and stayed overnight at a hotel airport. The next morning I took the shuttle back to the airport and headed for the lower level. When I entered the terminal from the parking garage I turned left and went all the way to the end. There was a large open, waiting area, a check-in desk for an airline with very small planes, and a HAL check-in desk for the bus passengers. If you kept walking straight there was a large parking lot outside where the bus would pull up.

I was assigned a bus number (there were two, about an hour apart), and a tentative time when the bus would be boarding. When the time came, the HAL rep called for us, we went out and boarded the bus. It took about four hours to go to the pier, with a stop on the US side, and the stop for immigration formalities at the border.

We used Quick Shuttle from the Seattle airport to the Vancouver cruiseport and it was around $50 as I recall. You might check them out as well as they have nice buses (with wifi) and many cruisers use them.

Like Dave, I swear by Quick Shuttle. The bus is right there waiting for you in Canada Place. No waiting until later in the day for a bus or train, and having to deal with what to do with your luggage in the meantime. Don't know your age, but they also offer a small senior discount.

Roz

We used Quick Shuttle from the Seattle airport to the Vancouver cruiseport and it was around $50 as I recall. You might check them out as well as they have nice buses (with wifi) and many cruisers use them.

Several days ago, booked Quick Shuttle for transfer from Vancouver [Canada Place] to Sea-Tac in early June... Current pricing is $59 [$55 if age 60 or over]...

• 3 weeks later...
We did round-trip Seattle last week and had shuttle service through HAL. When I went to the baggage claim area there was someone standing there holding a sign with my name on it. Wonderful service! Enjoy your trip!

Thanks! Since we are on East Coast, we will fly in day before and enjoy a day in Seattle. Did you do the Double Denali land tour?

According to my HAL personal cruise consultant, I need to be at the North end of baggage claim near Carousel 16 between 8 and 10 am on the day of sailing. The cost is $69.

Yep, that's where we were told to go also. Reassuring! Enjoy your trip!!!

We were told to look for someone wearing a RED vest. Spotted one and asked him where to go. He grabbed our bags and made sure we got on the bus. We did the double Denali and enjoyed the park tour very much.