Flights

jkzs

I am cruising the Vista Oct 29-Nov 4th out of POM. I found a great price on a flight that is leaving FLL at 11:10. Is this to early to book? We would do self debark with our bags and would be one of the first groups off the ship. We would Uber to FLL. Is this to risky? What is the earliest we should book a flight? Thanks in advance for any advice.

We sailed the Splendor out of Miami this past February with a 12:30 return flight out of FLL. There were shuttle services right outside the terminal that got us to FLL with plenty of time to spare. But 11:10 might be pushing it.

I am cruising the Vista Oct 29-Nov 4th out of POM. I found a great price on a flight that is leaving FLL at 11:10. Is this to early to book? We would do self debark with our bags and would be one of the first groups off the ship. We would Uber to FLL. Is this to risky? What is the earliest we should book a flight? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Plenty of time we were off in the street by 7am.

My standard post to this question:

Will your insurance be void as you are booking outside of Carnivals recommended time?

What is your back up plan?......When is the next flight? Are you financially able to purchase a same day flight? Some airlines don't refund if you cancel last minute. Is the savings worth the risk?

Only you can determine if you want to book the early flight. Just have all the info so you can weigh the risk vs. benefit.

I made a 9:55AM flight from FLL a few weeks ago and also an 11AM flight from FLL on NYE. Both sailings on the Vista. I was actually more worried about the NYE flight with holiday travel and all, but had at least 2 hours to wait at the airport both times. Self-assist is key!!!

Your flight is doable under desirable situations. But given unexpected things do happen, we always book past noon flights.

I made a 9:55AM flight from FLL a few weeks ago and also an 11AM flight from FLL on NYE. Both sailings on the Vista. I was actually more worried about the NYE flight with holiday travel and all, but had at least 2 hours to wait at the airport both times. Self-assist is key!!!

"Self -assist is the key!!!" After the fact the ship arrives back to port on time, there are no delays with customs, there are no incidences that require pax are kept on board for authorities to investigate, or crew inspections.

OP yes it is doable but has its risks.

How much of a worry wart are you? I've done the the 11 something flights several times and it's worked out fine. But if a person is going to spend a lot of time during the cruise worrying about getting off the ship to make a flight, then the cost of the later flight ends up being the better value after all.