Equinox 3-4 no glass show

Kirsten T

Just off Equinox,sitting at airport. Just a heads-up to folks boarding today... The hot glass show won't run this cruise because they're rebuilding the melting furnace. The glass blowers said techs are coming on board today and if they can, they'll run a show at the end. I would have been really disappointed!

Great cruise... Will post a review when I get home.

Cheers,

Kirsten

sorry for those who still want to see the show.. hope they ar enot disappointed

we've seen it several times already, & were hoping they would replace the hot glass show with a Lawn Club grill or similar venue by the time we cruise on her again in Jan 2014..

Sounds like that is not the plan if they are re-builing the furnace for hot glass!

sorry for those who still want to see the show.. hope they ar enot disappointed

we've seen it several times already, & were hoping they would replace the hot glass show with a Lawn Club grill or similar venue by the time we cruise on her again in Jan 2014..

Sounds like that is not the plan if they are re-builing the furnace for hot glass!

Loved the glass show when we were on the Equinox last year. We are cruising on the same ship next January with friends who haven't sailed on an S class, so it will be nice for them to see the glass show.

I am the opposite of most of you, we love the glass show and I would hate to see it replaced with more for a fee venues. It was one of the main things that kept us entertained on our Celebrity cruise and I am not sure if we will ever sail the newer ships that don't include it.

I really enjoy the glass shows and would be very disappointed if they replaced it with a lawn grill. Admittedly, I live in Florida and grill twice a week, so I have no interest at all in having the opportunity to grill my dinner like I do at home.

I'm with wednesday, I'd hate to see the glass show replaced. In fact, planning for our next (3rd) cruise, I'm looking only at ships with the show. After being on the Reflection we're not interested in the pay venues.

On our cruise last year they explained that the furnaces had to be kept fired constantly to remain at optimum efficiency and that they had to be shut down every two or so years for maintenance to extend their life. I guess the furnaces are slated for regular maintenance on the up coming cruise, bad timing for those impacted.

I really enjoy the glass shows and would be very disappointed if they replaced it with a lawn grill. Admittedly, I live in Florida and grill twice a week, so I have no interest at all in having the opportunity to grill my dinner like I do at home.

I live in Florida too and grill a lot...but the Lawn Club Grill is great fun and not at all the same as standing in your backyard over a grill.....we went twice on our Silhouette cruise!

BUT

having said that I'm glad the first 3 "S" class still have the hot glass shows...it's nice to have options on different ships...the shows are very interesting and fun to watch!!

I am the opposite of most of you, we love the glass show and I would hate to see it replaced with more for a fee venues. It was one of the main things that kept us entertained on our Celebrity cruise and I am not sure if we will ever sail the newer ships that don't include it.

Boy do I ever agree with both of you. We wnjoy variety. Just what we don't need is all the S Class ships outfitted the same. Love the Glass show and surely don't want it replaced on Equinox. Lawn Grill? No way. Hopefully they also never put the horrible cabanas on Equinox. What a way to ruin 95% or more of the passengers' views..............

I'm with you--I love the hot glass shows. I think I attended most of them on my last cruise. Can't get too fired up about more pay restaurants. Those I can find anywhere. Plus the ships that have those pay restaurants up there also have those cabanas blocking the view. Think I'll stick with the S class ships that have the free lawn with a view and the free glass blowing show.

Hi Everyone,

Add us to the list of those who love the Hot Glass Show. The Corning Artisans are incredibly talented, and it's amazing what they can accomplish. I'm looking forward to seeing the shows again in April. If you have an opportunity, try catching the show at least once, at night. It's a real treat !

FWIW, I've asked Celebrity about this recently, and was advised there are no current plans to eliminate the HGS from Solstice, Equinox or Eclipse. When I sailed on Eclipse in November, one of the HGS staffers mentioned that Corning had recently extended their contract with Celebrity.

While I'm sure the Lawn Club Grill is an excellent dining experience, I hope Celebrity keeps things as they are.

I like to see anotehr show ofsome sort beside glass, it is very entertaining but how many times can you see it?

I found it is to small an area, andshould be roped off not allowing people to interrupt during the show. some re plane rude tht come in will stand on top of you, and talk about anything, and say sorry.

Yeah I BBQ during the winter in north east Lol.

great job corning.:cool:

Loved the Hot Glass Show on the Equinox and we were quite disappointed when the plans for SILHOUETTE came out and the show was replaced with another pay restaurant .

Looking forward to enjoying the show again next month on the SOLSTICE. The artist's are so talented.

Bev

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

I'm glad they're rebuilding the furnace. I have to say I rarely sit through a whole show but I do enjoy sitting in and watching snippets here and there if I happen to be passing by. I've noticed, however, that more often than not, if I look in to see what they're making, I get sucked in because I want to see how the glass object turns out!

We chose our next ship just for the HGS. Love it.

Granted - we don't get to every show but we too get suckered in to the end to see the piece evolve. They are very talented artisans. Love the banter between them and the audience and that's what makes each show so different.

Best was watching the show floating out of Venice.

But I am sure I will also love the Lawn Club Grill. Not so much the pay for cabanas.

I'd love to see it replaced with something else. A Lawn Club Grill would be fine, but it wouldn't necessarily have to be a dining venue - a sporting venue, workshop for classes/lectures of some type, a bandshell for afternoon concerts, another pool - anything would be more interesting than the glass show. We chose Reflection for our upcoming cruise specifically because we wanted something different from the glass show (and we're hoping that the presence of the Lawn Club Grill will finally mean there is decent pizza to be had on board).

Archived