What % of people on the ship have drink packages?

Tinious

I realize it will be impossible to know (outside of a RCI data center), but I'm curious if frequent cruisers on recent cruises have a sense of what % of people have drink packages? Especially the premium or ultimate?

Is it fairly rare? Or is it a significant percentage?

Take a WAG if you have experiences.

It may also be self-biased, I suspect people who enjoy more of the drink packages naturally see others who have the same and vice versa, so it might be interesting to know where you lie on the spectrum, too.

I realize it will be impossible to know (outside of a RCI data center), but I'm curious if frequent cruisers on recent cruises have a sense of what % of people have drink packages? Especially the premium or ultimate?

It may also be self-biased, I suspect people who enjoy more of the drink packages naturally see others who have the same and vice versa, so it might be interesting to know where you lie on the spectrum, too.

A (good) question. I am a beginning cruiser., just one completed cruise on Rhapsody Sin to Dub 2015. As you, I (and my companion) we wwere

offshorefriend

Edited by offshorefriend

With the recent steep price increases for individual drinks, I believe RCI is trying to encourage people to select a drink package. We have the Ultimate Package for our cruise next month.

It will be interesting to see how hard the bartenders will push the drinks. I'm not sure the packages really benefit the bartenders in terms of tips. I would like to hear other comments on this subject. Thanks.

DrB

I've noticed more and more. We are often the only ones sitting at the pool bar without it. Between bringing on wine, going to the DL in the evenings and the time off ship, we don't find it worth it.

I'd say about 40 %...probably less, tho! Not everyone is a lush!!! Not saying that's bad, but there are a lot of nondrinkers out there!

We're lushes so I'm in 100%. As fAr as normal people more and more they are buying the package especially after they board and are so excited only to go to the bar and order a drink to celebrate and [emoji47][emoji15]this happens.then they buy the package. you can't really put a % on it but big drinkers like ourselves is probably 100% moderate drinkers are probably more like 70% especially after they see the prices. People that don't drink all day won't buy it. But when I'm at the bar almost everyone has the package.

Cb at sea.... Not everyone that gets the package is a lush.... You ARE passing judgement by saying it in a derogatory manner.

$809 for drinks for two people for a week sounds lushy to me. Call it a judgment if you like, I'm ok with that. I simply consider it an opinion.

Where is the best place on FOS to watch football and have some drinks?

Yes on air for Sunday early games. Sunday night Monday Thursday night games they usually have them on the big screen by the pool too.

As always - Thanks, Bob! Since I have your attention. . . .

I'm assuming they'll show some of Sunday's games, but what about Monday night and Saturday college games?

I've seen Monday night games on the pool big screen, but don't recall any college games, other than the national championship one time.