What % of people on the ship have drink packages?

Tinious

I'd say about 40 %...probably less, tho! Not everyone is a lush!!! Not saying that's bad, but there are a lot of nondrinkers out there!

$809 for drinks for two people for a week sounds lushy to me. Call it a judgment if you like, I'm ok with that. I simply consider it an opinion.

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt

No drinks for me

Wife will have some wine

I will try and get drinks from my 3 free DL drinks

and give them to people at our dinning table . I will go out several times to the bar to make them happy . I will be a good bar service for my table mates.

This is our plan, at these prices we're going to save our money for something worthwhile.

Really? Come on now is that really necessary??? How about just saying - it's not for you. These are the comments that start arguments on these boards.

You should let me buy you a drink. We can enjoy conversation and you can save your money! :D

Really? Come on now is that really necessary??? How about just saying - it's not for you. These are the comments that start arguments on these boards.

You should let me buy you a drink. We can enjoy conversation and you can save your money! :D

I'm afraid I don't understand how stating the opinion that $400 per person for drinks is too much but that is my opinion. I am not really concerned with who pays for it, it's not worth it. I doubt too many people buy it, but I'm sure some will.

I'm afraid I don't understand how stating the opinion that $400 per person for drinks is too much but that is my opinion. I am not really concerned with who pays for it, it's not worth it. I doubt too many people buy it, but I'm sure some will.

You're right. We will. Enjoy your cruises.

But i am going on NCL for the first time and am very anxious, BUT we have the drink package thrown in....being D+ this still scares me.:eek: Really i am nervous. I am on a cruise and it will all be o.k.!! Right?

What makes you nervous? You're on a cruise! :-) Of course it will be okay.

we a Diamond and get drink vouchers and don't even use all of those. We also have free drinks during some evening hours in the Diamond lounge. And Suite passengers get free drinks in their special lounges.

I imagine many of those passengers forego the drinks packages.

$809 for drinks for two people for a week sounds lushy to me. Call it a judgment if you like, I'm ok with that. I simply consider it an opinion.

I buy the PP all the time so if i drink 2 mixed drinks, 2 beer, 2 sodas, and 1 wine that comes to $54 before grats and i paid $49 for the package.After grats its $63.72 and i paid $57.82.Thats not even including all the bottled water that i drink.So i wouldnt think if someone had 2 pina coladas 2 bud lights and a cab with dinner was anything close to being a lush.Im not bragging but i could consume 3-4 times that amount when we dont take our youngest daughter or grand daughter.Then you might call me lushy.

Edited by mark22mac

I buy the PP all the time so if i drink 2 mixed drinks, 2 beer, 2 sodas, and 1 wine that comes to $54 before grats and i paid $49 for the package.After grats its $63.72 and i paid $57.82.Thats not even including all the bottled water that i drink.So i wouldnt think if someone had 2 pina coladas 2 bud lights and a cab with dinner was anything close to being a lush.Im not bragging but i could consume 3-4 times that amount when we dont take our youngest daughter or grand daughter.Then you might call me lushy.

FINALLY - someone who understands the math of it! :-) The worst part of it is that most of the people claiming that this is "lushy" would never be able to guess who of us had the package and who didn't. (Other than we'll probably be having a great time!)

Judge away! It certainly won't influence me one way or the other. Let's just all have a happy cruise!!

We are going on our first cruise and we are buying the package that includes everything!!!

Mimosa for lunch? Go ahead! Bloody Mary for breakfast? Why not!! :p Fresh squeezed OJ, water, fancy coffee, wine at dinner, cocktails after...we're all in.

Order a cocktail and don't like the flavor (it happens :D), no guilt, just get a new one.

We're having fun, we budgeted for it, we will enjoy ourselves.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

My girlfriend and I are going on our first cruise in a couple weeks and we both purchased the Ultimate Drink Packages.

At first we were doing the math, and trying to figure out what was cheaper, then we decided that it was worth it to us to be able to drink whatever we want the whole time without worrying about it.

Although I am curious what limitations apply. RCI's drink package ad is pretty sparse with the details. I sprung for the Ultimate Packages so we could be hedonistic and not worry about counting drinks or doing math, it would really suck to discover that I'm limited to X number of certain kinds of drinks.

We are going on our first cruise and we are buying the package that includes everything!!!

Mimosa for lunch? Go ahead! Bloody Mary for breakfast? Why not!! :p Fresh squeezed OJ, water, fancy coffee, wine at dinner, cocktails after...we're all in.

Order a cocktail and don't like the flavor (it happens :D), no guilt, just get a new one.

We're having fun, we budgeted for it, we will enjoy ourselves.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Exactly!!!! :-)

(Apparently, people think that we're lushes! :D I'm okay with that.)

Before stating your opinion, you must not thought about the cost of drinks on the ship. With your $809 for 2 people over a week cruise, that comes out to 4-5 drinks per day per person.

When we are on a ship on vacation, hanging out all day long, I don't think that 4-5 drinks is very many.