No single supplement this coming weekend!

caribbeanboy

If you happen to be in the Miami area and want to take a cruise, NCL is not charging double for the Escape and Getaway sailing this coming weekend .Both are 7 days cruises to the Western Caribbean.

link?

Isn't this the same as the Sailaway solo rate? If so, there are numerous upcoming sailings where you are not charged the 200 percent rate.

yes, it's the Sailaway Solo Rate, however some of them they charge like 150% but these 2 I mentioned are just 100%. Btw I only had a llok at these 2 out of Miami.

Here is one pricing example on one ship, one stateroom category (as of 2:18pm Oregon time)

Norwegian Getaway April 8, 2018

1 Passenger

Cat BD balcony (it will let you book BD but then it is GTY so you will receive at least BD balcony and maybe better)

Cruise Fare $829

Choice Promo Service Charge for Beverage and Dining $138.40

Port Fees Taxes $160.99

Total $1,128.39

$100 OBC if Latitude Member

whats a Sailaway solo rate?

never seen that option

The Sail Away Rate is no frills pricing - so no perks, no freebies. Just the cruise. You agree to let Norwegian assign you a cabin. You may not find out where your cabin is until the day of the cruise.

I pick up a lot of these, solo, no supplement last minute deals. But I disagree, there are NOT a lot of them. And the deals in the most part are coming out later. Pure supply and demand. I may pick up this Getaway deal, will consider staying on, if, the following cruise dumps too. :) It's a fun game that can really pay off with flexibility.

I am so mad about this as I booked the Escape 6 day 4/14 cruise four weeks ago that came with the drink package in a Studio cabin for $1140. I thought that was a great deal so I jumped on it but now wish I hadn't. The above cruises are 7 days in a balcony for so much cheaper. Lesson learned is that I will wait till the last minute to book for a great deal. Might see if this happens in September as the prices that I saw for a solo cruiser were so cheap!!

I pick up a lot of these, solo, no supplement last minute deals. But I disagree, there are NOT a lot of them. And the deals in the most part are coming out later. Pure supply and demand. I may pick up this Getaway deal, will consider staying on, if, the following cruise dumps too. :) It's a fun game that can really pay off with flexibility.

Exactly. Flexibility is the key word. Usually it goes from week to week and have seen up to 3 weeks in advance especially during hurricane season when it's slow.

The Sail Away Rate is no frills pricing - so no perks, no freebies. Just the cruise. You agree to let Norwegian assign you a cabin. You may not find out where your cabin is until the day of the cruise.

yes, i know what the sailaway rate is.

what i was asking is 'Sailaway solo rate'?