Insignia Dining on Embarkation Day

st5310

No afternoon tea on embarkment day.

My advice is to have a peaceful lunch in port that day and skip lunch on the ship. Show up about 2:30-3:00, your suite will be ready and you will have missed the zoo conditions created by all the early embarked.

Read the thread from the poster on the Insignia currently, westyone, only Early Impression s especially the “ takeaway “ comments!

Thank you, Jancruz. A follow-up, if I may.... is there an afternoon Tea on departure day?

Not Jan but the answer is no - no tea on embarkation.

That said, don’t miss it on some other days - the best afternoon tea at sea, IMO (by that I don’t necessarily mean the tea itself but the overall event with wonderful sandwiches, cakes and music with great service).

Our favorites - Victoria cake and Paris-Brest.

That said, don’t miss it on some other days - the best afternoon tea at sea, IMO (by that I don’t necessarily mean the tea itself but the overall event with wonderful sandwiches, cakes and music with great service).

Paris-Brest... my DW's favorite dessert, too. We do not plan on missing many afternoon teas. Thank you for the info.

No afternoon tea on embarkment day.

My advice is to have a peaceful lunch in port that day and skip lunch on the ship. Show up about 2:30-3:00, your suite will be ready and you will have missed the zoo conditions created by all the early embarked.

Read the thread from the poster on the Insignia currently, westyone, only Early Impression s especially the “ takeaway “ comments!

Thanks, Pinotlover, good advice. We shall consider it. Keep in mind, however, that our last few cruises have been on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. Talk about "zoo conditions" on departure day! Still, your suggestion has merit; after all, the port IS Manhattan!

Plus 1..Paul is so right..

Jancruz1

REALLY appreciate your replies, folks. Loved the pics. I think we are as prepared as we can be for our first O cruise. I know it won't be perfect (no cruise is), but it will be different from most of the 25+ we have taken over the years. Never sailed on a ship this small or in a luxury (lite?) category. Thank you all.