EZ Air "discount"

hop2it

We booked a "3 for free" cruise and noticed afterward that it is not eligible for the "EZ Air discount." Could someone please say just what this means? Does it mean we cannot use EZ Air at all, or just that the prices are likely to be higher than normal? Flights for our dates aren't yet available, but we've used this service before to great advantage. Thanks.

We booked a "3 for free" cruise and noticed afterward that it is not eligible for the "EZ Air discount." Could someone please say just what this means? Does it mean we cannot use EZ Air at all, or just that the prices are likely to be higher than normal? Flights for our dates aren't yet available, but we've used this service before to great advantage. Thanks.

Not sure why you think that the EZ AIR discount is coupled or should be coupled with the 3 for free?

The EZ AIR discount is rarely offered from what I have seen. Anyone with a current booking can use EZ AIR as long as it’s not too early and air is available. There are some amazing air prices with EZ AIR. Checking last night again I found DEN-Barcelona one way for $318.

You say flight are not available yet for your cruise so it seems the airlines have not released their schedules yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I think that what the "EZ Air discount" is referring to is that there were some cruises offered as "Up to $300 off EZ Air." They are saying that these offers cannot be combined.

Those offers were interesting in that they truly were "up to." I looked at flights for the same cruise from my daughter's home airport and from mine. My daughter could have received a $100 discount, but I could not--same cruise, same cabin category, different departure airport, and my flight would have been more expensive.

SO, I think they are saying is that if you booked previously with the EZ Air discount or if that discount is still being offered on any cruises, you cannot combine it with the "3 for free." You CAN book the "3 for Free" and book EZ Air at the on line rates for your cruise. These rates can range from a significant discount from going thru the airlines to no discount at all.

AFIK anyone with a cruise booked can use EZair. The EZair portion of the website should give you the price that is applicable to your cruise booking when you access it through the Cruise Personalizer. The rules are explained very well IMO when using the EZair portion of the website.

(Anyone correct me if that is in error)

An Afterthought: Did you try to use the website and look for EZair during the period when it down for updates in the last day or so? That could possibly have caused you an issue.

Loved that "up to $300" off of airfare.Figured it would only be for suites or something but nope. We have a 19 day cruise coming up on Coral Princess. We only have to fly from Sacramento to LAX and the airfare is less than $300 each so it's free for both of us. Toss in the 19 days of free gratuities and it's a pretty good deal. :D

Loved that "up to $300" off of airfare.Figured it would only be for suites or something but nope. We have a 19 day cruise coming up on Coral Princess. We only have to fly from Sacramento to LAX and the airfare is less than $300 each so it's free for both of us. Toss in the 19 days of free gratuities and it's a pretty good deal. :D

EZ Air prices are pretty incredible right now.

Just looked at second half of the current Coral cruise Oct 18th, 32 days from Shanghai back to LA.

One way Den-PVG (Shanghai) $234!! It is also the shortest flight available connecting in LAX with a 2 hour 40 minute layover.

One the other night one way to Barcelona $315.

EZ Air prices are pretty incredible right now.

Just looked at second half of the current Coral cruise Oct 18th, 32 days from Shanghai back to LA.

One way Den-PVG (Shanghai) $234!! It is also the shortest flight available connecting in LAX with a 2 hour 40 minute layover.

One the other night one way to Barcelona $315.

This is not always the case. I paid $462 for my domestic airfare which I bought directly from the airline. EZair has varied from $808-$1168 for the exact same itinerary. EZair really varies among itineraries. In general, I have found the international fares to be hard to beat. Domestic fares are a roll of the dice.

RB

This is not always the case. I paid $462 for my domestic airfare which I bought directly from the airline. EZair has varied from $808-$1168 for the exact same itinerary. EZair really varies among itineraries. In general, I have found the international fares to be hard to beat. Domestic fares are a roll of the dice.

RB

I agree. There are times when its crazy expensive too. But its was never this good in the past. And the best prices are for flexible air which is strange. I will go direct to the airline if need be. But there is no way I could get these prices.

In May I paid $48 one way to LAX

RB

From what I've read here on CC the EZ Air prices domestically aren't the best but international fares are often great. Hoping this is the case for our flight to London next fall. It's too early to check but I have a reminder on my calendar to check when it's close enough to the cruise.

From what I've read here on CC the EZ Air prices domestically aren't the best but international fares are often great. Hoping this is the case for our flight to London next fall. It's too early to check but I have a reminder on my calendar to check when it's close enough to the cruise.

I have an international business trip with the first class air being $7550.00. EZair for a similar itinerary is $1768. The cruise and the first class air are less than the ticket from the airline.

RB