Best Concierge Lounge

I was wondering what everyone likes best about the Concierge Lounge? We were on the Explorer in Feb and thought Ricky was wonderful. He helped with reservations, poured our drinks and was very friendly!! He made everyone feel welcome! We were on the Mariner in May and Ricardo the Concierge and Jay the bartender were incredible. Ricardo and Jay knew everyone by name and knew what they wanted to drink when they walked in the door. Ricardo was also very helpful with any problem! They made the cruise! It was nice that Ricardo had Jay to help him!! We love the Adventure but the Concierge, Luis, never looked up from his computer---not friendly at all. We are on the Adventure in October--I understand Luis is gone! Thank you RCCL for the Concierge Lounge!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is your favorite Concierge?

We enjoyed Josephine so much on Voyager last year...She was friendly and warm and accommadated everyone. Whether it was refilling everyones drink, finding seats for everyone or just chit chatting she just really made you feel at home. She worked so hard , she made me tired just watching her. And I found out that she received Employee of the Year. Which is well deserved. Oh and she got my DH and I a seat at the captains table. She made it a vacation we would never forget.

Where is Francois?

Frenchie is currently manning the actual concierge lounge on Freedom. I hope he continues to stay with RCI, and I hope he moves back to Voyager or even Radiance class b/c I have no plans to sail FOS again. We often select our cruises just to see him. If you look up the word concierge in the dictionary, Francois' picture would be right there! Viva Frenchie!

Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe Giuseppe

Maritza followed by Katherine Valenzuela on Brilliance.

I can't wait to meet Mpho on Jewel next week!

Jane

Jane, Don't get too excited, unless you are a regular with Mpho you will find that he has his favourites, luckily we were treated OK but did see quite a few times where he was less than helpful to some of the members queries.

We liked Katherine on the Brilliance, she and her helper, which I'm sorry that I can't remember his name, were very nice! Katherine would start making our drinks, as soon as we walked in the room. Her helper would save me the cranberry juice, when he was cleaning up, just in case I wanted one more drink before they left. The Mariner, in November, also had a good crew.

We also want to thank RCI for the concierge Club! It is a nice place to meet and talk with other cruisers!

Kathy

Jane, Don't get too excited, unless you are a regular with Mpho you will find that he has his favourites, luckily we were treated OK but did see quite a few times where he was less than helpful to some of the members queries.

I am bad with names, so I don't no if Mpho was the same Concierge we had on the Jewel back in December 2004, but who ever it was, I didn't like him at all. He questioned me as to what room I was in, even though I had entered with my husband. He also made me feel uncomfortable when I came in to use the internet on formal night, before I had gotten dressed for dinner. I wasn't even there to partake in predinner drinks or appetizers, just get my seat assignments for our trip home. That cruise had several rude crew members, so maybe they were having some issues that I wasn't aware of.:mad:

Perhaps we were among his favorites, since he was always helpful, accommodating, and courteous to us. Of course we sailed with him on three separate occasions, but didn't notice any change in his treatment of us from our first to our third cruise. I never noticed him being anything but helpful to others and we look forward to having him onboard when we sail the Jewel repositioning cruise in late October. Perhaps those who perceived him as being less than helpful were requesting things beyond his ability to accomplish. While I know it is difficult to believe,:D some passengers have been known to be unreasonably demanding and don't appreciate being denied anything. Whether that was the case in the instances you cite, I obviously cannot tell, but I do believe it is a possibility.

We've had many good one but Maritza, Yury (left for motherhood) and Guiseppe were the best!

yury was the first one I ever had. She was so great with my parents and with I. The next one after she left was Ricardo I think. He was okay but treated me differently because I am in my early 20's and seem to want to have fun:rolleyes: I want to thank RCL for this as well. The free drinks are just the topper. I love the parties they have for us too though, those are GREAT!

Francois Roux was so great to us on the Navigator. He was so good that they moved him to the Freedom. Precruise and during he was most attentive and kind. Further, during the trip I became sick, he sent a toddy back with my husband and a personal note the next day to express his concern. His care of the lounge was more like being welcomed into his home.

Love Love LOVE Maritza...

she was the Absolute BEST!!!

next up would be Chris (on Brilliance 1 1/2 yrs ago, but don't think he's sailing now).

Can't wait to meet Ricky (16 days I think)

Just thinking about the cappucinos

(kids love to make them for me... have them trained in the AM... btw they like them too)

Carolyn

Archived