Ft Lauderdale Hotel...want to see the port from my window!!!

dani85bri06

Which hotels can you see the port from?!? I want to wake up the morning of our cruise and see the ship from my window lol! [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Recommend you read the link/thread above. Really not a lot of great options.

Our last FLL cruise we booked the E/Suites. Top floor premium which are extra. Plus, if you want a port view they add another $35 to the premium costs.

We could see a few of the ships but nothing spectacular. Lot's of infrastructure in the way.

Look at the google map in that thread which will show you the issues.

Pier 66, and Hilton Marina are the only hotels with a GOOD VIEW of the ships in port. Make sure you get a high floor facing the port.

I haven't seen any tower rooms available at 66. I've heard they're being renovated.

If you book at the 66, be sure and ask about the availability of those high rooms.

The rooms I'm seeing as available are all in the two story complex.

I haven't seen any tower rooms available at 66. I've heard they're being renovated.

If you book at the 66, be sure and ask about the availability of those high rooms.

The rooms I'm seeing as available are all in the two story complex.

Thanks for the info! We don’t cruise till August 31, 2019 so hopefully by then they will be done! I plan to call next week and see if they’ve opened up booking for then to get the room I want! [emoji1]

Thanks for the info! We don’t cruise till August 31, 2019 so hopefully by then they will be done! I plan to call next week and see if they’ve opened up booking for then to get the room I want! [emoji1]

Let us know what you find out.

Wish you well.

Post #8 in the thread referenced above has an attached photo showing the view from an upper floor at Pier 66. If the hotel is available for your time frame, that would serve your needs perfectly. Superb views of the port, just make sure you request the right room

I agree w/ Keith. Great hotel to watch the ships. Just a short <minutes> walk down the beach to where the ships sail out. You can almost touch them. nice pool area...great beach <no crossing a street to get there> free parking...no resort fee. We enjoyed our stay.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am a concierge in Fort Lauderdale who is getting my master's degree in hospitality management. I joined this forum for a class project and plan on helping out as many people as possible with my expertise. I have worked locally for over 20 years so feel free to ask me anything from restaurant advice to tours to transportation!

I would go for Pier 66 over Hilton. IMO the Hilton has kinda gone down hill lately in terms of cleanliness. They have a high turnover rate of staff and personally when I call over there, I can NEVER get anyone to answer phone. Just an insider perspective. You can see port from some rooms of the Renaissance Hotel.

Lago Mar says it's sold out already for my date in May 2019. Any other similar suggestions? Walking distance to port?

Lago Mar is a very isolated beach resort. Long ways to walk to anything.

What kind of hotel are you looking for? Port Views? Restaurants neaby? Ocean Views?

Lago Mar is a very isolated beach resort. Long ways to walk to anything.

What kind of hotel are you looking for? Port Views? Restaurants neaby? Ocean Views?

I guess I misunderstood the post above that said it's a short walk to where the ships sail out. Thought that meant it was near the port.