Steakhouse Reservations

Teagysmom

I requested a reservation at the steakhouse online. When can I expect to hear back from Carnival regarding that reservation?

I'm in the same boat (pardon the pun!) as I made my reservation 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back yet. Does the fact that I'm 8 months out from my cruise have anything to do with it?

Thank you. It was in my spam folder. It just replied that they were unable to confirm my reservation. I was disappointed as I made about 40 days out from sailing. For future reference how far out do I need to make a reservation?

Thank you. It was in my spam folder. It just replied that they were unable to confirm my reservation. I was disappointed as I made about 40 days out from sailing. For future reference how far out do I need to make a reservation?

That will vary depending on ship and date I would think. People reserve when they know they want to go. I would reply and see what they have available.

I made reservations for the steakhouse late December for May 7th. Maybe you could try another date and time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I completed the online form a month and a half ago. I never got a confirmation. Yes, I checked my spam folder. Thanks to Cruise Critic, I found the e-mail address to the steakhouse. I e-mailed them with my booking number, date requested and number in party. A couple of days later I got an e-mail reply from them with the confirmation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i usually make specialty reservations as soon as they come available but no less than 10-12 months out from sailing if my booking windows allows for that.

otherwise, i make any specialty reservations as soon as i make my deposit.

We sail on the Freedom in September. We have not received our confirmation to the steakhouse that I made in August and again in September (thought there was a problem with the August reservation). On all other ships we received confirmation within a day or 2. Asked our PVP and he said he didn't know why we had not received a reservation. Also asked him about the time for check-in not being posted. He said keep checking months ago and it still isn't available. Just thinking Freedom has issues.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think it may be not just a ship-specific thing, but a restaurant-specific issue. As I mentioned, I submitted the steakhouse request over 2 weeks ago. Earlier this week I reserved another night in the Cucina del Capitano. I got an answer the next day.

So I emailed the steakhouse on the Breeze to ask if I was being impatient or if there was an issue... still waiting to hear back.

i have gone to the steak house numerous times on different ships. i have never had a problem making a reservation when i first board the ship where they have the stand set up. i have always received the day and time i was looking for. why do you have to make reservations 10 month's in advance? i like to go to the steakhouse on the second elegant night between 6-8. that way i only have to wear a suit to dinner 2 nights and not 3. and of course i don't want to miss the lobster tail on the first elegant night. are the elegant nights less crowded in the steakhouse?

I think it may be not just a ship-specific thing, but a restaurant-specific issue. As I mentioned, I submitted the steakhouse request over 2 weeks ago. Earlier this week I reserved another night in the Cucina del Capitano. I got an answer the next day.

So I emailed the steakhouse on the Breeze to ask if I was being impatient or if there was an issue... still waiting to hear back.

i have gone to the steak house numerous times on different ships. i have never had a problem making a reservation when i first board the ship where they have the stand set up. i have always received the day and time i was looking for. why do you have to make reservations 10 month's in advance? i like to go to the steakhouse on the second elegant night between 6-8. that way i only have to wear a suit to dinner 2 nights and not 3. and of course i don't want to miss the lobster tail on the first elegant night. are the elegant nights less crowded in the steakhouse?

The email did the trick! I just heard back from the steakhouse manager that my reservation was confirmed. Not a response to my online request but to my email.

So if there are those of you who want to confirm your reservation and you've been patiently waiting for a response, I'd email the manager of the steakhouse. The id is usually the first 2 characters of the ship followed by 'steakhouse@carnival.com'. In my case, BRSteakhouse@carnival.com, for the Breeze.

To those who question why we make reservations in advance, in my case it's because I want to assure that I'll be able to eat on the date/time that I choose, and I prefer to make the reservation in advance so that it's confirmed. It may be okay to wait til on the ship, you may have always gotten the date/time you want, but that doesn't mean it will always happen!

Edited by Shaded Lady

Each cruise and reservations are dependent on the crowd. We were unlucky on our cruise -- we sent an email 4 months out twice not getting a response and then went to the steak house first thing upon boarding the Vista. This was on the New Years cruise. We did find out out that the hostess had been inundated with reservations and had not had a chance to reply to everyone but she did have us on the waiting list. Unfortunately, there were 50 other parties on the waiting list along with us -- we were unable to eat at the steak house on the Vista, they were fully booked all 8 days of the cruise.

On the other hand, one of the ladies who was sailing solo, walked in at 9:00 pm by herself and they were able to accommodate her.

Each cruise and reservations are dependent on the crowd. We were unlucky on our cruise -- we sent an email 4 months out twice not getting a response and then went to the steak house first thing upon boarding the Vista. This was on the New Years cruise. We did find out out that the hostess had been inundated with reservations and had not had a chance to reply to everyone but she did have us on the waiting list. Unfortunately, there were 50 other parties on the waiting list along with us -- we were unable to eat at the steak house on the Vista, they were fully booked all 8 days of the cruise.

On the other hand, one of the ladies who was sailing solo, walked in at 9:00 pm by herself and they were able to accommodate her.

oh no! now you got my worried for my upcoming vista cruise next weekend. last night i went ahead and sent dining requests for the steakhouse, jiji asian and cucino del capitano. i also sent an email to the vista steakhouse since reading the above posts said that is the best way to go. the email address i used was vssupper@carnival.com. i will see what happens. i already received a confirmation from jiji asian last night at 1:30 am. but i am most concerned about the steakhouse.