Ship location 1st time cruiser

depends on what you want. do want quick/easy access to the pools? the MDR? a bar? a smoking deck? how many decks are there? if 14 or 15, you will be around the center. if only 10, not so much.

for the least motion you'd need to be as close to the water line as possible, in dead center.. so decks 2-4 usually. and the center elevator banks.

but the very large ships have built in stabilization so unless the water is VERY choppy, movement anywhere will be minimal.

I never notice a difference in any spot on the big ships. It is subtle at most IMO. If you have good sea legs I wouldn't worry to much about it. In other words I personally wouldnt pick my cabin location based on that. If I was prone to sea sickness I guess it might be different.

Until you know whether you're going to have a problem with seasickness or not, I'd suggest a mid-ship cabin on a low deck. Although many will tell you that you won't feel any motion on the big ships with stabilizers, that's not necessarily true. For those of us who have issues with motion, the big ships can still be a problem.

I have issues with vertigo on land let alone seasickness. I have been on 3 cruises and only the last one did I have very little seasickness. I was on the Indy Dec 2913 Deck 6 with an E2 hump balcony so right by the AFT elevators. And our MDR table was Romeo & Juliet deck and in the middle. Previous cruises we were on Voyager Deck 7 AFT...had two days of seasickness..and Celebrity Constellation Deck 7...3/4 days of seasickness. We just booked Oasis for Dec 2015 and have a D2 hump balcony on Deck 8. I am considering an upgrade to JS on Deck 6 or 7 just to be closer to the middle/Aft and lower. If I can do a cruise, then anyone who gets car sick should be able to do it just pick a lower deck and definitely mid ship..I like midship and close to the AFT elevators. I do use the patch, bonine, and I have a RX of nausea medicine just in case.

Sent from my iPad using Forums