Breakaway Refrigerator

davy jones

Fridge has expensive mini bar items in it and you can ask your Steward to empty it. But there is not much to put in there unless you buy a water package or bring wine aboard. There is room on a top shelf for a few items without clearing the fridge. We had a bottle of sparkling wine as a Latitudes perk and we stored it in there for a few days before drinking it.

Check with your pharmacist about the allowable temperature range for storing those medications in the "cooler" box - BA has an adjustment dial, look inside closely as I recall. Depending on what yours are - exceeding those temperature can render the meds unsafe to use while other items, i.e. eye drops are fine as long they are chilled. Contact NCL's Special Needs ahead and if necessary, make the arrangements.

Bottled water, beverages and fruits are fine but "extended" storage of cold cuts ... not necessary safe to consume. Keep in mind that electricity are "on" only when the keycard is inserted with the *.Away class ships.

Otherwise, fill that ice bucket with ice and keep the meds together with it, inside the cooler box & bring a small thermometer to monitor.

In my experiences they cool things down (chill) but don't approach what a fridge at home does as far as keeping things really cold...bosco

Ours on the BA these past two weeks kept our sparkling wine iced cold the whole trip except when the ship's circuit breaker popped a couple of times.