Cruise Charters

Is there any way to determine if a particular cruise has a large charter group on it and what or who that group is?

Not a reliable way. The cruise line won't release that info.

You may have some luck doing an internet search using the full name of the ship and the sailing date in different forms.

Is there any way to determine if a particular cruise has a large charter group on it and what or who that group is?

If addition to Bob's advice above, look at the Roll Call for that cruise. Someone may have posted if it has been a full or partial charter...

We found out after the fact that our August Explorer of the Seas has a travel company that has booked a ROCK AND ROLL cruise ............................

It took awhile for the cabins to fill, as I followed the room availability for over 8 months, so I hope it is not to painfully "HAPPY DAYS "

Later

I put in such words as -

Quilters

Church

Religious

Bear

Gay

Lesbian

LGBT

Corporate - this one you will get a lot of other things also

Rock and roll

Music

Reunion

These are some that I look for and some that I read about here. There are also more so like Bob said do a google search with the ship and date info. Some of these will just be small groups and not really very annoying. You will have to try to find out about how big the group will be. Good luck.

I put in such words as -

Quilters

Church

Religious

Bear

Gay

Lesbian

LGBT

Corporate - this one you will get a lot of other things also

Rock and roll

Music

Reunion

These are some that I look for and some that I read about here. There are also more so like Bob said do a google search with the ship and date info. Some of these will just be small groups and not really very annoying. You will have to try to find out about how big the group will be. Good luck.

If I come across groups that do one or two cruises per year, I bookmark them and check their websites.

Our upcoming Oasis cruise was, at one point, advertised as a singles cruise sponsored by a large on line travel agency. One poster was a honeymooner and wanted to cancel as she was not happy with a ship full of singles. Long story short - the group is maybe 40 people. The poster never posted again so I wonder if she cancelled.

There are groups on every sailing, but rarely make any difference during the cruise. In my opinion, if a group is perhaps 1/3 of the passenger total, I think the other guest have a right to know, PRIOR TO FINAL PAYMENT.

M

30yrs cruiseing on Royal and most ever saw was 1/4 in a group on a smaller ship. Never interfered with regular cruise, their functions were during day away from us. Only time ever wasn't was 1990s. Group tried to book all Soul Cruise and was the 1/4 of passengers. Was great cruise, entertainment was Spinners and Temptations. Sail away was Electric Slide... Since then all Charters I've witnessed did their own thing or Chartered the whole ship which is now more Common with larger Lifestyle groups...