NCL Bliss or Carnival Splendor

louanne93

I have booked a premium wrap around balcony on the splendor for our 25th Anniversary. But was just looking at the NCL Bliss. We could do an inside on NCL Bliss or the wrap balcony on the Splendor. I know the Bliss is brand new, would it be worth it to try out a brand new ship in an inside or stick with the Splendor wrap balcony? Same price for either. Crazy! The standard balcony on the Bliss is $4000.

I love the night life on Carnival, the service, the staff and the balcony that I snagged.

In a balcony cabin

I don't care how new that ship is or how "blissful" she may be, that is lot of money for a mainstream cruise line. You said you enjoy Carnival and that wrap balcony sounds like a nice retreat for an anniversary trip. I would stick with it!

I have the same dilemma. I booked the Bliss for October to the Mexican Riviera, but it is so expensive.

I’d like to try Carnival, but that ship looks old and outdated, so I’m torn. Carnival is about $1000 less. I’m not sure what to do.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have the same dilemma. I booked the Bliss for October to the Mexican Riviera, but it is so expensive.

I’d like to try Carnival, but that ship looks old and outdated, so I’m torn. Carnival is about $1000 less. I’m not sure what to do.

Does the Bliss include the drink package as most NCL cruises do? If so that narrows down the cost significantly. That said, NCL is typically more expensive and being a new ship particularly so. I'd like to try the Bliss with it being a new ship but wrap balcony to inside is quite the trade off.

I'm booked on the Bliss. I'd choose it over the Splendor, maybe not so much over the Vista or Horizon. How many days each and where are you going on each when comparing?? Drink/dinner promotion including in that NCL price?

I have booked a premium wrap around balcony on the splendor for our 25th Anniversary. But was just looking at the NCL Bliss. We could do an inside on NCL Bliss or the wrap balcony on the Splendor. I know the Bliss is brand new, would it be worth it to try out a brand new ship in an inside or stick with the Splendor wrap balcony? Same price for either. Crazy! The standard balcony on the Bliss is $4000.

I love the night life on Carnival, the service, the staff and the balcony that I snagged.

I guess it depends how much your going to use and enjoy that balcony.

From sailing on ncl once(epic), it was quite the experience from live bands in the mdr, well designed interiors, awesome buffets, shows (blue man group, circus o ley, rock stars) variety of quality restaurants. I've sailed on splendor due to a canceled cruise, but would love to go on the bliss! Night and day comparison. NCL does have some bargains especially when they throw in free drinks, restaurants and excursion credits depending on your room! Love carnival but the Splendor needs work and the interior I'm sure pales in comparison to the bliss.

Good luck!

We had the opportunity to do a 2 day sleepover on the Bliss for their naming ceremony in April in New York. While having toured 4 other NCL ships, this was the first opportunity to spend this much time on an NCL ship. A lot of big wigs from NCL were in town for this, including their President and VP of Sales.

The Bliss is a very nice ship, with some great amenities. The two that caught our eye was the Observation room in the front of the ship which was a two story glassed in view of where the ship was going in very comfortable style. The second thing was the presentation of Jersey Boys which we saw the second night. We had previously seen the Jersey Boys on both Broadway and also in the traveling show. The version we saw that night was nothing less than spectacular, done a cast that included several of the Broadway members (at least I believe this to be true). Also in attendance were none other than Frankie Valli and Bob Gaudio. Kudos to NCL for all of this.

NCL is trying to raise the bar with their ships and sailings and also leverage every opportunity to increase revenue both in sailing prices as well as opportunities on the Bliss. This includes many for pay food venues (and I mean many) which some will say are options (which is true). They have creative other things that cost such as racing car track that was multi level. The Bliss has all of the extra options that are available in the form of additional things you get when paying for the higher cabin pricing (one thru five options based on cabin type). Whether these things are worth that much money is something the cruising public will decide. I found it fascinating that the first ports of call for this ship was Alaska. Op, only you can decide what works for you and at what cost.

If you're looking for a new ship at an affordable price, and like Carnival, check out the Panorama. That will be my first "new" ship experience.

I think we are sticking with the Splendor. We are booked for the Panorama for 2020. We have a Havana cabin!