Internet question-conquest

shellster1

2 questions, actually:

1) I've read that internet works better on certain ships than others. Does anyone know how well it works on the conquest? I purchased the premium package, and (if it matters) my cabin is on the lido deck, midship balcony.

2) When the ship is at one of the ports, does it still work?

Thanks in advance.

the Conquest was awful, we got a full refund. Messaging was OK, Cruise critic or any site without pictures was acceptable. Facebook was pathetic, you could read words but pictures took forever to load. Having it for free was less painful.

Agree with the others. I bought the premium package for my May 2017 cruise on Conquest because I needed to do work (sigh - I know, I know). Even sending and receiving email was painfully slow.

2 questions, actually:

1) I've read that internet works better on certain ships than others. Does anyone know how well it works on the conquest? I purchased the premium package, and (if it matters) my cabin is on the lido deck, midship balcony.

2) When the ship is at one of the ports, does it still work?

Thanks in advance.

Think back to dial up speed.

The ship will be about 200 to 500 Kbps download speed

My phone thru my LTE connection (wifi turned off) was 6.6 Mbps

My phone thru wifi is 57.8 Mbps

How's that break down?

Your cell phone with good connection is 12 times faster than the ships wifi while your home wifi is about 1000 times faster. We haven't even gotten into latency yet. But, latency is where the problem lies for now.

Believe it or not, it is possible to go an entire 7 day cruise (or longer) without internet. It will all be there when you get home. We have never purchased an internet package & enjoy taking a break from work & all the day-to-day nonsense.

Believe it or not, it is possible to go an entire 7 day cruise (or longer) without internet. It will all be there when you get home. We have never purchased an internet package & enjoy taking a break from work & all the day-to-day nonsense.

We're so proud of you Garth

One good tip, keep the app open. If you want to receive messages the app needs to be kept open. And if you close the app the message stops trying to send and the page you’re loading stops loading. And the app won’t notify you of a new message unless it’s kept open. Keeping the app open and running and finding areas close to a router where the speeds are faster helps a lot. Yes I know, some will say people need to unplug, we can live without internet, etc etc. But many people need it for important reasons like owning a business (one missed phone call cost my DH’s buddy thousands) or they have elderly parents to worry about. My mom is 85 and insists on living alone. I call and check on her regularly and will continue to do so, vacation or not.

What App? This post is about internet on the Conquest. The Hub App is not the internet. Speeds are NOT faster closer to the router (unless you are out of range for a wifi signal), wifi and internet speed are 2 different things.