Carnival and a CPAP Machine

wardwhitty

This is the 1st cruise someone in our group will be traveling with a CPAP machine. I was wondering how friendly Carnival is to the machines and if they provide Distilled Water or can we bring our own. Anyone have any tips on this and how to travel with a CPAP. He literally got the machine today and we travel next Saturday !!! Thank you in Advance !!

This is the 1st cruise someone in our group will be traveling with a CPAP machine. I was wondering how friendly Carnival is to the machines and if they provide Distilled Water or can we bring our own. Anyone have any tips on this and how to travel with a CPAP. He literally got the machine today and we travel next Saturday !!! Thank you in Advance !!

You can get the water on the ship and you can carry the machine on with you. They will also provide an extension chord. No worries.

Tell him to be certain to carry the cpap on board with him (don't check it with the porters). You can carry on distilled water with the cpap; however, it is only $3 on board. IMHO, it's not worth carrying it for $3. He can just call room service when he gets on board and order it.

He should pack an extension cord and keep it with the cpap for traveling. I have needed one in hotel rooms as well as on the ship. He can notify Special Needs ahead of time that he will require an extension cord, but there is a limited number on board and if they run out, he may not get one.

In a standard balcony I didn't need an extension cord. I sat my machine on the stool or coffee table and ran the cord across to the plug.

I do carry a 9' three wire, flat cord in my CPAP bag for all my travel, and it would be one way to keep the cord more tidy and organized. The small table bedside isn't large enough for a ResMed machine with the lamp, so figure out what works best.

I use a CPAP too and I take a 12-ft extension cord with me. I store it inside the CPAP bag with my machine. Once you get to your cabin, call Guest Services and tell them that you need some distilled water. It's $3 per gallon and your steward will bring it to you. A gallon is way more than enough. Sure beats toting it onboard.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

FYI, if/when this person flies, the CPAP is considered a medical device and can be carried onto the plane and it doesn't count towards the carry-on limit.

Since your cruise is short term, you can use the tap water from the bathroom in your CPAP. There's no need to carry or buy distilled water.

Definitely heed the other posts about brining an extension cord. It's a must have, even if there are some RARE times it's not needed.

CCL has never given me any "heartburn" regarding my CPAP machine and I have used it on eight cruises now. I never use any kind of "tap water" in my humidifier; strictly distilled water. Buy distilled water from room service. What I don't use in my CPAP; I drink with "Jack in the Black". A 15 foot extension cord seems to work best; carry the cord in your CPAP travel bag and not in checked baggage or a carry-on. Also leave all the tags affixed to the cord. Otherwise, sometimes extension cords are confiscated unless used for medical equipment. Happy Cruising!!

Edited by garmar73
wrong shop for distilled water purchase