Captain Circle: Members only event for gold tier

Jagggg

We got those before, back in the day...and as I remember... they were good for ANY drink in any bar/dining room

I believe I got a really nice single malt scotch and my wife really nice glass of wine

I'm sure Princess has closed that loophole long ago...:cool:

We got those before, back in the day...and as I remember... they were good for ANY drink in any bar/dining room

I believe I got a really nice single malt scotch and my wife really nice glass of wine

That's what we got last summer.

I would be surprised if it was still for "any" drink - at least on ships such as Emerald Princess that has the upgraded whiskey bar in Wheelhouse. There is whiskey in that venue that sells for a fair amount. I know that the Talisker 25 year old and the Johnnie Walker Blue go for $25 a shot and there are a number of others that run in the $19 - $22 range. We have the PBP this time (as a perk) so I'll be interested to see what CB has to offer. I drank a fair amount of Talisker 10 year old last time. ;)

EDIT: Just checked and CB does have the Whiskey Adventure so it looks like I'm back in Taliskerville again. Wahoo!!! Info from Princess below:

A Worldwide Whiskey Adventure

From Scotland and Ireland to America and Canada, and onward to Australia, New Zealand and Japan, the distiller's art takes many global forms. You can explore them all from an expansive new international Whiskey Bar Menu available onboard select ships*. Single malts and blends. Bourbons and ryes. Award winners, plus new and noteworthy discoveries. Sip a glass of an old favorite. Or try a flight that transports you to a world of fresh experiences.

*Menu available onboard Caribbean Princess, Sun Princess, Diamond Princess, Emerald Princess and Golden Princess in the Wheelhouse Bar.

Menu link to .pdf didn't want to work but if you scroll down on THIS PAGE you will find the link.

Edited by Thrak

I would be surprised if it was still for "any" drink - at least on ships such as Emerald Princess that has the upgraded whiskey bar in Wheelhouse. There is whiskey in that venue that sells for a fair amount. I know that the Talisker 25 year old and the Johnnie Walker Blue go for $25 a shot and there are a number of others that run in the $19 - $22 range. We have the PBP this time (as a perk) so I'll be interested to see what CB has to offer. I drank a fair amount of Talisker 10 year old last time. ;)

Fair enough, not being an expert on alcoholic beverages, there may have been a dollar restriction on the certificate in the fine print. The big print said "one beverage" and "good on this voyage only" with the voyage printed.

We always viewed those events (we are Elite) as akin to going to a "presentation" by Time Share sharks. One waits in line to rub elbows with the hired help, sits in a seat, hears a very typical speech (often spiced up with some demographic facts such as "we have passengers from 16 countries") and then getting a free drink. Early in our cruising life (back in the 70s) we always want to the "events." Now, we view them as an excellent time to head to our favorite bar venue...which is less crowded because many are at the "event."

Hank

In our experience' date=' everything below Platinum was together--a meeting in the theatre with a sales pitch, then handed a free drink coupon on the way out the door.[/quote']

Same with us. I think our Gold Tier event also gave us a chance to win bottles of champagne and a chance to have Elite status benefits for the cruise. We were drawn out second and won a bottle of champagne and missed the top prize but that much!