Regent Seven Seas "SuiteGuru" - quick reviews & ratings of Regent Seven Seas suites!

Here is a quick guide to the suites on Regent Seven Seas Cruises fleet of ships. It is populated with user's comments and impressions of the suites they've sailed in. Similar to the site "SeatGuru", it lets people know benefits and potential drawbacks to cabins on Regent's current fleet of ships.

Regent Seven Seas Explorer

Regent Seven Seas Grandeur

Regent Seven Seas Mariner

Regent Seven Seas Navigator

Regent Seven Seas Splendor

Regent Seven Seas Voyager

I cannot guarantee the accuracy or currency of the data contained on these spreadsheets. Reviews will be posted unedited (within reason). Any entry that states "Not yet reviewed" was taken directly from the Regent Seven Seas website.

Directions on how to submit your ratings will appear in a subsequent post.

Edited by CC Help Jenn
added new ship, Regent Seven Seas Grandeur
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

To submit your rating and comments, please use the following template and paste the information in a reply - I'll paste the information into the master listings as time allows. Remember, the more folks contribute, the more useful this will be!

PLEASE BE SURE AND SPECIFY WHICH SHIP YOU WERE ON! I could probably figure it out but it's a LOT easier to know up front!

CC Rating Template.xls

Bill, you are doing an amazing job. As much as I'd love to input some suites, we are having connectivity issues on Explorer (the message says latency issues). So, I will likely post when we get home. As I have mentioned, the internet was fine during the last crossing but this crossing has had issues for the last 24 hours. Fortunately, this will not take place during your cruise.

Just want to thank you for everything that you've done:beer-mug:

• Like 1

Mariner #1053 E ginny123 11/4/2016 Starboard Mid/Aft 252 1 Shower None Definitely Close to elevators, not under pool deck

Thanks Bill, for doing this! I hope you can use the above. We've actually used Azamara's spreadsheet a couple times and it's been very helpful. We usually go with an H guaranteed on Regent and have to wait on the allocation of a suite. The spreadsheet will be particularly helpful to us once an assignment has been made to give us a really good idea of what to expect. I'll try to look up a couple other previous cabin numbers and send to you as I find them. I think this will be a wonderful asset to all!

Mariner #1053 E ginny123 11/4/2016 Starboard Mid/Aft 252 1 Shower None Definitely Close to elevators, not under pool deck

Thanks Bill, for doing this! I hope you can use the above. We've actually used Azamara's spreadsheet a couple times and it's been very helpful. We usually go with an H guaranteed on Regent and have to wait on the allocation of a suite. The spreadsheet will be particularly helpful to us once an assignment has been made to give us a really good idea of what to expect. I'll try to look up a couple other previous cabin numbers and send to you as I find them. I think this will be a wonderful asset to all!

Ginny, thanks! I got your info in, although you had 1053 as a Cat E and Regent's deck plans show it as a Cat D...I appreciate you taking the time to contribute!! Every input helps!

I tried adding information but couldn't do it. We are patient and look forward to when we can add information - especially for Explorer. Wish that we could remember all of the suites that we have been in. When we're home we'll look up information on previous cruises.

I tried adding information but couldn't do it. We are patient and look forward to when we can add information - especially for Explorer. Wish that we could remember all of the suites that we have been in. When we're home we'll look up information on previous cruises.

TC - the way it's set right is read-only; I'm monitoring this thread and I'll cut and paste info into the spreadsheets as people post here. Assuming the workload doesn't get out of hand, in which case I'll look at other options. ;p

I got the app. But I now understand why I couldn't post.

Here's the info for:

Explorer- F1- #737--- mid ship. Low deck. Great location for transatlantic. Loved the bathroom. Never hit my head on the tv when it was turned toward the beds. Smaller depth of balcony than other F1 and D,E concierge. But comfortable enough. Small sofa. We had an extra chair opposite sofa. Enough drawer space. Loved the Transatlantic in November 2016. Go for it. Best ship we ever sailed.

We are sailing again on November Transatlantic in Explorer suite -#920. Checked it out when we were onboard last trip. Mid ship. 1 1/2 baths. Powder room at entrance to suite. Great looking bedroom. Living/dining room. Thought master bath sinks in F1 was nicer.. Large Whirlpool tub as you enter. Beautiful balcony, lovely furniture. Will fill in after sailing.

Mariner - P-C- #831- mid ship. Great location. Low deck. We did CPT-CPT - December 2015. Small bathroom. But we had a shower instead of tub. Large closet. Tv located in sitting area but swivels toward beds. Lots of storage room. But I don't know if it was refurbished since then. Adequate balcony.

Booked #913- almost mid ship. Same suite. Caribbean. April 2017. Will advise next month after sailing.

Navigator - P-C #917- forward. Cruise was in the Caribbean. Smooth sailing. So it was ok. Nice but smallest suite we have been in. Most suites are the same with different color decor. Sailed before refurbishment was done.

Booked again- #925. - almost mid ship - next year for North Atlantic. Hope it's not too bad.

As you can see, we book Penthouse or higher. We splurge because we love the butler. Can do without but why?

Let me know if you need more information.

Regards

Sheila

Bill- I had so much to say, I left out the most important thing--- thanks for all your hard work to set up this sheet.

Much appreciated.

Regards

Sheila

Sheila, no worries - you're very welcome! I entered your comments - I had to guess at the overall recommendation (which drives the color codes) - if you'd like any changed, let me know. Thanks for the input!

Bill, may I suggest you add a column to the spreadsheet for the name of the ship. One question in cruise critic some to folks have written up comments already for certain cabins - do we want to use this data?

Irish - there's a spreadsheet for each ship so no real need to add the ship name as a column.

I hadn't planned on doing any 'data mining' or digging for existing comments, but if people who have previously posted comments want to cut-and-past them here, I'll gladly enter them into the spreadsheets.

Bill

Explorer - suite 1200 - Grand Suite. Noise from Observation Lounge and from door slamming in the laundry room (adjacent). Would not recommend.

Explorer - suite 879 - Master Suite - no noise - beautiful suite - great balcony - would recommend

Will have to wait until I get home to look up past suites.

Explorer - suite 1200 - Grand Suite. Noise from Observation Lounge and from door slamming in the laundry room (adjacent). Would not recommend.

Explorer - suite 879 - Master Suite - no noise - beautiful suite - great balcony - would recommend

Will have to wait until I get home to look up past suites.

You're updated. Something tells me you're gonna keep me busy! LOL!

Bill,

Please find attached our suite reviews. One tab for Mariner & one for Voyager. We have not sailed on Navigator or Explorer (but will very soon :))

Hope this is how you wanted the info presented to feed into your master spreadsheets

I also wanted to remind prospective cruisers of the excellent survey supplied by Travelcat2 in 2014 to ascertain which Mariner Penthouse Suites have posts (structural columns) between the sleeping area and lounge area. We still use this info when choosing PH suites on Mariner as IMO the suites without a column give a more open, spacious feel

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2109899&page=2 (Post #35)

Must get packing soon :cool:

Regent Rating_flossie009.xls

Edited by flossie009

I did this in CSV, hope that makes it easy

Mariner:

829, "F-Dlx Veranda Suite Wheelchair Accessible", "Wendy the Wanderer", Jan/17, Starboard, Mid, 301, 1, "shower only", no, "yes--with caveats", "accessible configuration means no walk-in closet but roomier. Ramps means slopes up to balcony and bathroom. Plenty of storage. Shower messy with no enclosure (curtain only) but housekeeping deals with this. Close to laundry room."

Bill,

Please find attached our suite reviews. One tab for Mariner & one for Voyager. We have not sailed on Navigator or Explorer (but will very soon :))

Hope this is how you wanted the info presented to feed into your master spreadsheets

I also wanted to remind prospective cruisers of the excellent survey supplied by Travelcat2 in 2014 to ascertain which Mariner Penthouse Suites have posts (structural columns) between the sleeping area and lounge area. We still use this info when choosing PH suites on Mariner as IMO the suites without a column give a more open, spacious feel

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2109899&page=2 (Post #35)

Must get packing soon :cool:

Flossie - that's perfect, thanks for your detailed input! I just updated the template, though, on the "Recommend?" column, I have it set to pick a value (either "Absolutely", "Probably", "Doubtful", or "No Way!") - since you'd answered 'Yes' on the recommendations, I set them all to 'Absolutely' but if you want to change any of them to another rating, just let me know and I'll updates. Thanks again!

Speaking of packing, I should probably start, too, since we're flying out Friday...

I did this in CSV, hope that makes it easy

Mariner:

829, "F-Dlx Veranda Suite Wheelchair Accessible", "Wendy the Wanderer", Jan/17, Starboard, Mid, 301, 1, "shower only", no, "yes--with caveats", "accessible configuration means no walk-in closet but roomier. Ramps means slopes up to balcony and bathroom. Plenty of storage. Shower messy with no enclosure (curtain only) but housekeeping deals with this. Close to laundry room."

Wendy - that's great, thanks - got it in. As I mentioned to flossie, I actually have a dropdown selection for the "Recommend?" column, and since you had a caveat, I selected 'Probably' for your review. Let me know if you prefer another selection.

I've updated the template to show the selectable choices for recommendations (I did it that way so we could get color codes similar to SeatGuru).

Thanks again!! The more input we get, the more useful this will be.

Hmm. After you posted rain2go, I knew it had to be me, so I poked around and I can get it to work-but not nice...The issue is the link and accessing the doc on google drive. From my computer at work, google drive is blocked, so I used my phone and that didn't want to open it from the link. I opened it fine once I found the name of the file...I'll try at home (two tablets, Win7, Unix, and an old Mac-something will open it). No problems-I'm sure it's a setting on my phone not launching google drive.

lol-I'm in IT, but computers are my thing, NOT phones. I need the nieces and nephews for that!

To submit your rating and comments, please use the following template and paste the information in a reply - I'll paste the information into the master listings as time allows. Remember, the more folks contribute, the more useful this will be!

PLEASE BE SURE AND SPECIFY WHICH SHIP YOU WERE ON! I could probably figure it out but it's a LOT easier to know up front!

[ATTACH]405607[/ATTACH]

Cabin # Category Reviewed By Mo/Yr Reviewed Port/Starboard/Mid Fwd/Mid/Aft Sq Ft (if known) Cabin/Balcony # Bathrooms Tub/Shower/Both/Combination Noise issues? Recommend? Comments/positives/negatives/concerns

Enter the cabin number Enter the Category Enter your CC user name Enter the date sailed Select the appropriate value Select the appropriate value Select the appropriate value State the bathing configuration Specify any noise problems, if any Would you recommend this cabin to a friend? Enter any good, bad, ugly facts about the cabin, or anything special about the cabin or the location.

1104 Penthouse clasater Nov-16 port fwd one shower none absolutely great cabin and location

Cabin # Category Reviewed By Mo/Yr Reviewed Port/Starboard/Mid Fwd/Mid/Aft Sq Ft (if known) Cabin/Balcony # Bathrooms Tub/Shower/Both/Combination Noise issues? Recommend? Comments/positives/negatives/concerns

Enter the cabin number Enter the Category Enter your CC user name Enter the date sailed Select the appropriate value Select the appropriate value Select the appropriate value State the bathing configuration Specify any noise problems, if any Would you recommend this cabin to a friend? Enter any good, bad, ugly facts about the cabin, or anything special about the cabin or the location.

1104 Penthouse clasater Nov-16 port fwd one shower none absolutely great cabin and location

Clasater, this was Mariner, I assume? Thanks.