What's your experience with in suite parties/hosting?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:58 PM.
348 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Originally posted by cruzrbachoua
We are doing this same thing but with only 4 people total soon. We will be in a suite while our friends in the balcony next to us. We planned on making a week of it and having all dinners except for the ROV dinner in our suite. So should we get the menus early and then earlier that day see the HW and place our order for dinner? I am not understanding the writing down the order and giving to HW part. I never thought of telling the ROV coordinator or even the HW upon boarding our thoughts of having all dinners in our suite but I will for sure make the note to do this to see if it can make things a bit easier on the staff knowing ahead of time.

Yes you get the menus during the day for that dinner.

With 4 of you I would just call the dine line. The suggestion to talk with the HW and provide him the list was for a larger dinner, perhaps as many as 10 or even 16. To do that over the phone would be a challenge.

You do what you want of course but we always do MDR traditional late. The waiters are a hoot, service has been outstanding. For a number of cruises we did dinner for 4 on the suite balcony and enjoyed it but liked the MDR and specialty too.

Have a great cruise!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
8 Princess, 2 RCCL, 1 HAL, 1 NCL (All Caribbean Itineraries)
SAN DEIGO, CA
3,386 Posts
Joined Jun 2007
GRAYTech, ok great thanks for the advice. Yeah suite living will be new to us. We usually do traditional early dining and when traveling with friends usually dine with just them so as not to have others at the table feel left out of inside jokes and such. When it is just DH and myself we sit with a table of 6 or 8 total in MDR. But this time we are looking forward to having some close friends time. It will be their first time to Alaska and then with the ROV wanted to keep it private...plus we plan on being crazy and having a pajama party of sorts on a night or two...and having our own little party. We are looking for silly pajamas for us all to match...who says you can only be young once...lol!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cassandra

Caribbean Princess-7 day Eastern Caribbean- 8/18/18 w/April/Doug
Caribbean Princess-7 day Western Caribbean- 8/11/18 w/ April/Doug
Crown Princess-11 day Classic Canada-Quebec to NY- 10/4/17 w/ cruiserjanet
Celebrity Summit-Bermuda -8/14/16
Regal Princess-E. Carib FLL-3/15/15
Caribbean Princess-W. Carib Houston-3/15/14 w/April/Doug
Sapphire Princess- Wine country coastal-Northbound- 5/11/13 w/ cruiserjanet
Caribbean Princess-Canada/New England- 10/13/12
Oosterdam Holland America-Mexican Riviera- 10/8/11