Free wine in steakhouse

• 10 months later...

On the Valor in February the wine promotion (free bottle of house red or white OR 50% off any bottle on the wine list) was offered on the second night also (which was our formal night). Booked on the Dream on 5/27 and reserved the steakhouse for the second night again and the e-mail confirmation also mentioned the wine promotion being offered on that night.

For sure on the first night. Sometimes on another night too. A few years ago, on Dream, I think, maybe Conquest, it was offered and advertised in the Fun Times for the second night. I wonder if it had to do with how many reservations they get. If the numbers are low, maybe they offer the free wine to get people there and increase revenue? Maybe it was a formal night, but it has happened.

From my Steakhouse reservation confirmation:

We are having a promotion in the Steakhouse on Embarkation and the first Cruise Elegant nights of the cruise! Guests booking a reservation on either night will receive a complimentary bottle of house wine or 50% off any bottle from our wine list!

Since I don't drink alcohol, the offer is irrelevant to me.

What's the big deal over a 7 dollar bottle of cheap wine?

I do agree that a free cheap wine is no big deal at all, but 50% off a more expensive (and better tasting) bottle is something that I enjoy taking advantage of.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I received an email that said my Dec 2 Liberty cruise is offering it on the first 2 nights. I would check with carnival to see if their running a special on your cruise.

50% off?

Does Carnival offer Amarone :D

50% off?

Does Carnival offer Amarone :D

Not sure about that...every ship has a different list but I have gotten some great bottles using the 50% off. Sometimes better than land prices!

Something to keep in mind...you can order more than one bottle at 50% off. If you don't drink it during dinner, you can save it for another night...so I've heard!! ;p

What's the big deal over a 7 dollar bottle of cheap wine?

Because on Carnival that is a $25 bottle of wine and some just don't want to pay extra for something like that...whereas if they want to give it for free, they will happily drink it. Like others, we prefer the 50% off deal - but generally only use it for 1 bottle because we have brought 2 on for our room and don't need more with the creation of Alchemy!

Of course if you have Cheers, you can just drink by the glass....