Sold out cruise

cmptrwiz

We are interested in going on a cruise that is completely sold out. In a few days it will be 90 days before the cruise sails. Do you think some cabins will open up? I think I remember hearing that Travel Agents have to give back unsold blocks of rooms they had on hold after the 90 day timeframe. We were just wondering if there was much of a chance. We need 3 rooms.

You never know, keep looking. Why don’t you come on Edge with me in January?!

That would be great! Text or email me the info. My in-laws are interested in going with us, but aren’t big on planning ahead that’s why we missed the boat on this cruise. Pun intended.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1 maybe....3 limits the odds.

Yea you are right. I checked on Saturday and there were 4 rooms available, but by the time I could get 2 other couples to pull the trigger it was too late!

Suggest you check with Carnival or your travel agent. It's unusual to see no empty cabins in any category that far out, unless the ship has been chartered.

The cruise is to Alaska and it is in big demand.

We are interested in going on a cruise that is completely sold out. In a few days it will be 90 days before the cruise sails. Do you think some cabins will open up? I think I remember hearing that Travel Agents have to give back unsold blocks of rooms they had on hold after the 90 day timeframe. We were just wondering if there was much of a chance. We need 3 rooms.

According to my PVP, TA hold's on cabins doesn't exist and she can see and book the same rooms as TA's. Not sure which is true.

According to my PVP, TA hold's on cabins doesn't exist and she can see and book the same rooms as TA's. Not sure which is true.

Thanks! Maybe that was an urban legend!

I think some rooms may shake loose because final payment is coming up!

There is a difference between cabins on hold and a TA or large private party reserving a block of cabins for an open or closed group cruise. Since the reservation required a (refundable) deposit the cabins are held out of inventory until a release date or the group coordinator tells the cruise line they are no longer needed (whichever comes first). Usually the release date is 2 weeks prior to the final payment date.

There is a difference between cabins on hold and a TA or large private party reserving a block of cabins for an open or closed group cruise. Since the reservation required a (refundable) deposit the cabins are held out of inventory until a release date or the group coordinator tells the cruise line they are no longer needed (whichever comes first). Usually the release date is 2 weeks prior to the final payment date.

Thanks good to know

Check Princess or Holland America Line. Both offer a more refined Alaska experience and have better availability than Carnival in that market.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's a 2-week journeys cruise and we would turn platinum on that Cruise so we are currently loyal to Carnival.

Are any in your party suffering from mobility issues? An accessible cabin or two might be available. Do a mock booking for the ship and see if any are available. Couple that with other vacancies that might occur at the final payment date and you might be in.

Are any in your party suffering from mobility issues? An accessible cabin or two might be available. Do a mock booking for the ship and see if any are available. Couple that with other vacancies that might occur at the final payment date and you might be in.

Thanks! My mother in law does have mobility issues. I checked this morning and the cruise isn't even listed to search! I'll keep watching.

correct. TAs hold space but if no money is put down a person can book that room

those cabins should be released before 80 days