LIVE: Anthem Of the Seas 5/20 off to Bermuda!

I can check next time I am there, free coffee seems like most dining places I have not tried all the locations yet but I know for sure the MDR, Windjammer and Diamond Lounge does all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Deck #4 Cafe Promenade or Sorrento's for the brands of tea. Thanks

Could you tell me what brand of tea they have in the windjammer and all the free places they serve coffee & tea? Do they have Twinning or The London tea company? Thanks, we're boarding on the 25th don't want to bring our own tea bags.

I see Twinnings English Breakfast in the Cruisecritic Anthem gallery for Cafe Promenade.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/anthem-of-the-seas-706/cafe-promenade-266329/cafe-promenade--v9687691/

The gallery also shows a hot water maker tap which saves me from water befouled by coffee urns.

Windjammer shows a similar setup

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/anthem-of-the-seas-706/windjammer-marketplace-184655/windjammer-marketplace--v9689287/

I see Twinnings English Breakfast in the Cruisecritic Anthem gallery for Cafe Promenade.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/anthem-of-the-seas-706/cafe-promenade-266329/cafe-promenade--v9687691/

The gallery also shows a hot water maker tap which saves me from water befouled by coffee urns.

Windjammer shows a similar setup

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/anthem-of-the-seas-706/windjammer-marketplace-184655/windjammer-marketplace--v9689287/

Thank you sooooo very much for checking on that for me. For the first time in about 5 years I won't have to cart my own tea bags!

Just got back from a day in Bermuda, started the day off in St. George before taking the bus to Hamilton weather was kind of cool and overcast no sun today. The price of a 1 day ferry/bus ticket is $19 per adult or 2 days $31.50 US cash is taken everywhere and changes seems to be given back in USD the currency exchange is 1 to 1

America' Cup Practice

e09710863349021d3b221917734f1544.jpg

St. Peter's Church one of the oldest in the Western Hemisphere

98d720fe55b5fcd20a5ee1e405888ec2.jpg

Bumper Cars was open so did that when we got back to the ship

fd18831bb8436953bb2262c5c9756b61.jpg

db089f3e7e85b9e94a4891817cba6b22.jpg

Could you tell me what brand of tea they have in the windjammer and all the free places they serve coffee & tea? Do they have Twinning or The London tea company? Thanks, we're boarding on the 25th don't want to bring our own tea bags.

I can check next time I am there, free coffee seems like most dining places I have not tried all the locations yet but I know for sure the MDR, Windjammer and Diamond Lounge does all day.

I'll try and remember to look as well, so one of us should find it.

I have seen free coffee, tea all over the place and even hot chocolate packets in one place. I believe I saw tea bags and all in the Cafe at 270, Cafe Promenade as someone else mentioned, all the places Mark3Fly said and more. I believe you can ask for tea with the free continental breakfast part of the room service.

Bumper Cars was open so did that when we got back to the ship

fd18831bb8436953bb2262c5c9756b61.jpg

db089f3e7e85b9e94a4891817cba6b22.jpg

How does this work? Do you have to sign up for it or just go there? Also was the Skydiving thing available for the cruise planner? What characters are currently on board? I know I am full of Questions. Just booked the other day for an Oct cruise with the kids. Thank you.

How does this work? Do you have to sign up for it or just go there? Also was the Skydiving thing available for the cruise planner? What characters are currently on board? I know I am full of Questions. Just booked the other day for an Oct cruise with the kids. Thank you.

Nope just showed up and went on, no waiver or anything which surprised me. I know Shrek is and so is King Fu Panda but seems like Dreamworks

I am treating my daughter and her family to an Anthem cruise on June 3rd. She asked me if there was a charge for plain seltzer. I've been on the ship 9 times, but don't drink seltzer. Could someone tell me if there is a charge, she is trying to decide whether to get the soda package, which I would think would include seltzer? ( I also posted this on the other live review)

The hours are limited for the activities (Bumper cars, rollerskating, basketball, trapezee) in Sea Plex.

Embarkation day the hours for Bumper cars are from Noon-2:45pm

We found riding the bumper cars on embarkation day is the best since there's very little wait time. everyone else is exploring the ship. If you can't make it to the Sea Plex on embarkation day, once Bumper cars are listed again in the Cruise Planner, I would line up about 20-30 mins. before the start time, many others will also be waiting in line with you. No waiver is necessary.

IFly/Ripcord is listed in the Cruise Planner and just shows up randomly. I've seen it show up a few weeks before sailing and then again a few months before sailing. I would join the Roll call for your sailing as someone will post when these activities open up.

You should also regularly check the Cruise Planner for this Activity to open up for booking. If by chance all time slots are booked for the IFly/Ripcord, once on board, you can book through the Royal IQ app, which you should download at home and immediately try to book on the app once on board. You'll have to connect to Royal's WiFi, no internet needed and no charge to connect to the app. You can also go to the Royal Theater on Deck 4 immediately upon boarding, staff members will be in back of the theater taking reservations for Activities, dining and shows. There are also IPads at Guest Services that anyone can use on Deck4. IMO, the theater would be the best way to book,

I saw a lot of characters on board but don't know who they are---lol , all kidding aside I've seen only two characters on the many times we've been on Anthem, forgot their names. Hopefully someone else knows about the characters on board Anthem.

Any other questions, just continue to ask, many people on this board have been on Anthem and are happy to answer your questions.

Have a great cruise! She's our favorite ship :D

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

I am treating my daughter and her family to an Anthem cruise on June 3rd. She asked me if there was a charge for plain seltzer. I've been on the ship 9 times, but don't drink seltzer. Could someone tell me if there is a charge, she is trying to decide whether to get the soda package, which I would think would include seltzer? ( I also posted this on the other live review)

They consider it a soda so they will charge for it. It is covered by the soda package and there is plain seltzer and lime seltzer in the freestyle machines.

On the rare cruise where I haven't bought a soda package, some waiters will give me a free seltzer when my DH buys a drink. If I go into a bar with a drink and finish it, they always will refill for free.

I have found it easier to just get the soda package. Plus, there are so many low calorie options in the freestyle machines that it is worth it on ships that have the machines.

I just noticed today that the character events are for very short periods of time, so I would definitely watch the Compass and be in the general area early if this is important to the kids.

On our first sea day, we saw Puss in Boots posing for pictures. There seem to be 2 or 3 events tomorrow on our way back from Bermuda including Alex the Lion and King Julien (Madagascar).

The location moves, so watch carefully.

Well had another action packed day in Bermuda where weather finally cleared up and was nice and warm. Did a tour of the crystal cave and aquarium. Tour guide Lou was awesome turned into more of an island tour even stopped at the beach. The crystal cave was cool to visit but due to some other people in the group spending extra time in the gift shop cut down on time at the aquarium and zoo so that felt rushed. Had a good dinner in the MDR it was lobster night, followed by the love and marriage game show and another adult comedy show that was not put in the cruise compass.

Also ended up going to Chops last night food was great as always but service was over 2 hours a little on the long side

Wifi seems to not want to upload pictures right now will try again later

Tomorrow is another Sea day as we head back to NJ

Did you drive to the port and park? Did you stay at a hotel the night before? We have a cruise in Oct and I am trying to figure out the best way to get to the boat. Fly and taxi, drive and park, stay at a hotel and park there????

Was the caves and zoo part of an excursion.

Yes it was I think called Crystal Caves

Did you drive to the port and park? Did you stay at a hotel the night before? We have a cruise in Oct and I am trying to figure out the best way to get to the boat. Fly and taxi, drive and park, stay at a hotel and park there????

We stayed at a Hotel Airport the night before and took Uber to and from the cruise ship terminal which was cheaper compared to any other taxi or van service

I want to say the deluxe was around $79 a day which is includes pretty much anything up to $12 in price. We did not get it this cruise and we sit in an overnight port for pretty much half the cruise. We are only Diamond so not sure of the discount for D+

Thank you for your response. I was out of town and just now catching up on your review. Nice job and thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...
Thank you sooooo very much for checking on that for me. For the first time in about 5 years I won't have to cart my own tea bags!

Got back last week from the Anthem and saw London Tea Company, Fields and Select, Lipton Orange & Darjeeling, and Numi Roobios, Earl Grey, and Green (in Cafe Promenade) tea bags. No Twinnings or Bigelow. The kinds of tea at each station/restaurant was a little inconsistent. For example, I found Peppermint tea in the spa area and Cafe Promenade but not in the Diamond lounge. Diamond lounge had Lipton, London Decaf, and Fields & Select Earl Grey which weren't in Cafe Promenade.

Hi - We set sail on Anthem a week from tomorrow!! Can you please tell me the typical dress attire for the main dining room on this ship? Thanks!

Sorry if I'm too late. I saw a variety and felt comfortable in my jeans and nice top on tje casual night and black shiny cotton maxi skirt and shiny tops on formal night. We saw men without suits or even ties on formal night. Gheehopw this helps.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app