What is your favorite part of reading reviews?

mykeb14

For me it is seeing all the pictures and feeling like I am on the ship. I wish I could cruise more so the reviews full of pictures really help me feel like I am part of the trip. Corny I know but its cheap therapy between vacations LOL. :D

If I'm planning a cruise, then I just love to read and read because it helps build anticipation for my coming cruise. I'm one of the crazies with spreadsheets about every port and a binder that comes along with every cruise :rolleyes: If I'm not planning a cruise, then I'm just on here pretending that I'm planning a cruise and living vicariously. I love seeing pictures of the Caribbean when it's -10 degrees and snowing in Iowa =)

I love to read about the trip to the port city and the day before. Probably because everyone is always so excited. Then of course the getting on the ship. I also like to see lots of pictures of the ships because that's how I decide which ones I would like to go on.

Food and excursions usually don't interest me.

Mostly I like it all. I just live vicariously through everyone else.

I don't have just one favorite part. I prefer reading about cruise experiences that begin with the embarkation experience on day one.

I like reading about the itineraries and specific ships that I plan on enjoying in the future.

I like pictures of the room category that I might want. It helps me make a wiser choice.

I also enjoy pictures and descriptions of shore excursions whether private or ship sponsored.

Smooth sailing everyone.

I like to read about the food, the different restaurant choices, the menus, and what the customer experienced. I hate reading reviews that say "the food was awful, we ate every meal on the Lido, we did not try the MDR"- ya know, I know lido food is buffet food, some good, some not, so that is not a review for me.

Or the folks that want to be entertained 24/7, but they never leave the serenity deck.

I love the pictures, the tales of adventure, what excursions were done. Where did they go, what did they see? What was their impressions? What was the towel animal for that matter.

I want in depth info, not complaints from folks that choose not to make their own fun. One of the best cruises I had was 95% sitting on the back of the lido watching the stars rise out of the sea at night. It was relaxing, enjoyable and I spent some quality time with my DH, holding hands, having tea, and just being in the moment. I wrote a review, and if through that explanation of where I found some peace and pleasure, it gave someone else the knowledge of where to find quiet for their cruise, then I wrote a good review, in other words tell me, and inform me. Make me a little smarter before I get on the ship, and that is what makes for a good review.

One person wrote in a review that they had back problems and standing for muster was almost beyond their pain level, but if they got in the back, they could lean against the ship, and oh they were sooooo right! and that is what made their review most excellent.

however, good/bad it doesn't matter, too few people these days actually write a review.

I love to see the pictures, they make me get excited for my next cruise.

I also love to read information about any excursions that the reviewer took. It helps me decide if that is something we might enjoy.

I like it when the reviewer explains the why or why not of their opinions.

In the end I love to read reviews.

I like reading the post from all the people telling the reviewer how wrong they are in their opinions and how they must be incorrect when describing what happened.

After all...we all know that if certain people don't agree with them they cannot possibly be their real feelings and they are just making stuff up.

I agree with you. I also like the reviews where people complain and place blame on the cruise line or the ship's captain over things over which they have no control. Like a long disembarkation time due to custom's delay <which has happened to us> yet some how it is the cruise line's fault. Or missing a tender port due to high seas and or windy conditions, blame the captain as if he controls the weather. I think the best one I read on this, was the passenger who demanded refund on her cruise because the captain determined that it was unsafe to tender. She missed a port that she had really panned on going visiting so she should get a refund. I don' think so.

I am sure others will some up with other examples.