920am flight mco

Hi,

I think I might have made a mistake when booking the flight and the cancellation charges are ridiculous.

With roughly 1hr drive from PC to MCO.... I should be able to make the flight as long as i get off Oasis right away.

I will need to order a private shuttle and tell them to book it!

anyone else ever make this mistake?

We had a flight out of MCO changed from 12:30 to 11:15. We were among the first off and had arranged a private driver. We made it but not with much time to spare, as the security lines at MCO were horrendous. If everything goes without a glitch you can do it, but way too risky for me.

Hi,

I think I might have made a mistake when booking the flight and the cancellation charges are ridiculous.

With roughly 1hr drive from PC to MCO.... I should be able to make the flight as long as i get off Oasis right away.

I will need to order a private shuttle and tell them to book it!

anyone else ever make this mistake?

Going to be very difficult to make that flight. Security lines at MCO are always crazy and add to that construction that was only allowing one train to take passengers out to the gates. Not sure how long the airport construction is scheduled for, but I do know it was like that on December 10th, I would check the airport's website for information.

9:20 am, sounds like too risky to me. but then i just got back from a cruise last sat, worst ever weather, and we ran into a storm on friday coming back from roatan which delayed us getting off so we didnt even dock until 8 am. They announced on Friday that we would be a tad late docking.

What cha going to do if this happens?

coldest ever cruise.... rain in roatan, belize was 68 degrees, people wanted to cancel their prepaid booked water excursions, and all water excursions in cozumel were cancelled if booked thru the cruiseline, idk about if you booked independent.

I talked to one girl who had prepaid $200 i think for tubing in Belize, ... that tender when it was 68 degrees was freezing.

I would never book a flight that early and ive cruised a lot.

I would pay the change fee. It will be cheaper than booking new tickets when you miss your flight, also less stressful. If everything goes perfect, you have a very slim chance to make it.

$200 x4 (cancellation)

$225 x4 (price difference for flight)

you'd pay this??

I have waited an hour in security lines at MCO before. You really need to be there no later then 2 hours before.

So 2 hours before plus an hour to drive there. You would need to be on the road by 6:30am. That's not going to happen

You need to change your flight. There is no way you will get there on time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

$200 x4 (cancellation)

$225 x4 (price difference for flight)

you'd pay this??

Yes. I have no confidence that I would make a 9:20 flight. If you don't make the change and miss the flight it will be much higher the day of the flight, if you can even get a seat. We are talking about 9:20 not 10 or 11. If you get off the ship and through customs at 6:30 am, out of the port by 6:45 am, into Orlando by 7:45 am, absolute best case scenario.. Remember 9:20 am is wheels up, not boarding. They will want the plane loaded and door shut no later than 9:05-9:10, possibly earlier depending on airline. This leaves you roughly 1 hour to get through security, to the gate and onto a plane, on a weekend, when a ship with 5000+ passengers are departing and arriving. It will be busy. I will send good vibes your way if you roll the dice. I would accept my unfortunate mistake and eat the cost. For the record we are a family of 5.

Also flying internationally will likely mean waiting in line for a ticket agent to check your bags in, unless your airline offers curbside bag check. Many do not for international flights.

Edited by njm5378

Yes, I would. I also just noticed your location, you should also check the check in requirements for your flight since you are flying into Canada. Some airlines require an earlier check in.

I didn't notice this. If your flying direct into Canada you will likely need to be there closer to 3 hours before. Even say 2 1/2 again you would need to be on the road by 6:00am.

It's not just the time they let you walk off the ship you have to worry about. You also have to clear customs.

I have waited an hour in security lines at MCO before. You really need to be there no later then 2 hours before.

So 2 hours before plus an hour to drive there. You would need to be on the road by 6:30am. That's not going to happen

You need to change your flight. There is no way you will get there on time.

i have a stopover in Washington, i will be cutting it close.

just called united, and they told me to checkin while im on my way via shuttle.

WAY too risky given that the TSA lines - EVEN Pre-Check (because it seems to get randomly given at MCO disproportionate to other airports - probably because it's such a nightmare that skipping some of it is brilliant advertising) - at MCO are notoriously horrible. They even changed their request for Disney's Magical Express service to pick up 4 hours before the flight as opposed to their usual 3 - and by 'they' I mean MCO. There is also construction going on which makes getting to the terminals take longer as well.

What's going to cost more? Changing the flights now or paying for a hotel room and everything related until they can get 4 of you on another flight?

Yes. I have no confidence that I would make a 9:20 flight. If you don't make the change and miss the flight it will be much higher the day of the flight, if you can even get a seat. We are talking about 9:20 not 10 or 11. If you get off the ship and through customs at 6:30 am, out of the port by 6:45 am, into Orlando by 7:45 am, absolute best case scenario.. Remember 9:20 am is wheels up, not boarding. They will want the plane loaded and door shut no later than 9:05-9:10, possibly earlier depending on airline. This leaves you roughly 1 hour to get through security, to the gate and onto a plane, on a weekend, when a ship with 5000+ passengers are departing and arriving. It will be busy. I will send good vibes your way if you roll the dice. I would accept my unfortunate mistake and eat the cost. For the record we are a family of 5.

United same day flight change is $75/pp + fare difference. wish me luck!

i have a stopover in Washington, i will be cutting it close.

just called united, and they told me to checkin while im on my way via shuttle.

It's not checking in that's the problem. It's the security lines. I'm not exaggerating when I say we have waited an hour in security lines. Once even though we got to the airport in plenty of time we got to our gate 15 mins before they boarded.

Waits at security have gotten even longer because of further screening of electronic devices and now even food is being inspected.

9:20 is the time the flight is due to leave. They board before that time.

I've flown out of MCO many times and I've made the drive from the port to MCO. I'm telling you that you are not likely to make your flight. But sounds like you don't want to listen to that. So go ahead stick to your flight and don't wine here when you miss it and have to pay even more $.

Good luck with it. If you have precheck and everything else goes right (and you don't get stuck in any line for more than 5-10 minutes), you *might* be able to make it. But if anything goes wrong or just goes normally (like waiting in the airport security line for 30 min), you're screwed. I would take a moment and see what UA flights are leaving later in the day, so you'll know what your standby options are. Plus, I'd find out what the cost of missing the flight is (do they charge a change fee+fare difference or for a whole new ticket?).

As someone else mentioned above, you're going to have to carry-on the whole way. The deadline to check bags is 60 min before an international flight, so you would have to be at the counter by 8:20. United also closes boarding on international flights 30 min ahead of boarding, so you have to be at the gate by 8:50am.

Good luck. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Good luck with it. If you have precheck and everything else goes right (and you don't get stuck in any line for more than 5-10 minutes), you *might* be able to make it. But if anything goes wrong or just goes normally (like waiting in the airport security line for 30 min), you're screwed. I would take a moment and see what UA flights are leaving later in the day, so you'll know what your standby options are. Plus, I'd find out what the cost of missing the flight is (do they charge a change fee+fare difference or for a whole new ticket?).

$75/p same day flight change fee + fare difference.

what a mess up by me. :-(:(

$75/p same day flight change fee + fare difference.

what a mess up by me. :-(:(

Yeah, I saw above where you got FLL/MCO drive times mixed up. Oof.

At this point, I'd take the gamble- if you win, you've saved money. If you lose, you were out that money either way.

If you do have to do standby, I would consider splitting the family up if needed. Getting four open seats on one flight might be challenging depending on the flight loads. If you're willing to do 2/2 or 3/1, that may boost the odds of getting back home at a reasonable hour.