920am flight mco

I just got off the Oasis last Sunday. We did express disembarkation. One of the first off the ship. Via uber we made it to our gate at MCO by 7:50a. However... we didn’t have checked in luggage. Checking in your luggage at Mco is ridiculous and we planned appropriately. We were flying to Canada via Air Canada. They say 3 hours prior for international. However I don’t think they consider Canada “international”. You go through all the same check in and security procedures as domestic flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FYI- Clear and precheck are two separate lines at MCO. You can use one or the other, but not both.

That is actually not correct. There is a clear line in the middle that you can go through and feed into either the regular or pre-check scanner lanes and another clear line against the wall that you go through and directly into the pre-check scanner lane. I live in Orlando and use them both together, average time through security to the shuttle is under 3 minutes.

However I don’t think they consider Canada “international”. You go through all the same check in and security procedures as domestic flights.

The US does not have exit immigration, unlike many other countries. Every international flight out of MCO leaves the same way domestic flights do, with the exception of a passport/visa check while checking in/boarding. That said, the airlines have more work on the back end to get the flight going. Which is why, in United's case, the deadlines for bag drops and being at the gate is 15 minutes earlier than domestic times.

That is actually not correct. There is a clear line in the middle that you can go through and feed into either the regular or pre-check scanner lanes and another clear line against the wall that you go through and directly into the pre-check scanner lane. I live in Orlando and use them both together, average time through security to the shuttle is under 3 minutes.

Interesting. I didn't realized they separate the two types out. I fly out of MCO as well and have precheck. I've seen the Clear lanes- I assumed they all fed into precheck.

Still, I'm amazed Clear is still around. With Clear costing $179 a year and Global Entry costing $100 for five years, you'd have to flying really frequently to make the savings in time worth the high cost. I've been fortunate with Precheck- I don't think I've spent more than 5-10 minutes clearing security at MCO with it this year (although I am usually not going through at peak times).

Interesting. I didn't realized they separate the two types out. I fly out of MCO as well and have precheck. I've seen the Clear lanes- I assumed they all fed into precheck.

Still, I'm amazed Clear is still around. With Clear costing $179 a year and Global Entry costing $100 for five years, you'd have to flying really frequently to make the savings in time worth the high cost. I've been fortunate with Precheck- I don't think I've spent more than 5-10 minutes clearing security at MCO with it this year (although I am usually not going through at peak times).

Clear partners with Delta which offers discounts so it costs between $0-79 per year depending on status or credit card. Plus I got a deal when I signed up so my husband is on my account free for 3 years so it made a lot more sense for us. We already had global entry so using both is pretty awesome.

Well.. After 90min with united, they changed the flight with no change fee (just flight difference) and another 90min with expedia where United essentially told expedia 'customer is paying, we already waived 1 change fee'

We had 2 separate bookings as originally was just wife and I, then she decided to bring the kids.

Anyways, a simple mistake costs $1300cdn extra and we wont have to rush.

Thanks all for the input.

Merry Christmas, happy holidays!

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Clear partners with Delta which offers discounts so it costs between $0-79 per year depending on status or credit card. Plus I got a deal when I signed up so my husband is on my account free for 3 years so it made a lot more sense for us. We already had global entry so using both is pretty awesome.

Nice deal! That does make sense to do it then. And I agree with you on GE- I have it too and it makes border crossings easier.

Well.. After 90min with united, they changed the flight with no change fee (just flight difference) and another 90min with expedia where United essentially told expedia 'customer is paying, we already waived 1 change fee'

We had 2 separate bookings as originally was just wife and I, then she decided to bring the kids.

You learned 2 very valuable lessons here. Yeah, it cost some serious cash, but maybe you just saved another family from making the same mistakes.

I say 2 valuable lessons.

1 for time and 1 for using Expedia over straight with the airline.

FWIW I think you made the right decision. I had to buy same day flights for our August cruise when a flight was canceled and the airline couldn't get us a seat for 2 days, which would have made us miss the ship. Price was $651/pp one-way!

Glad they were able to help you out.

It is the smart decision.

I share the pain at paying for your own mistake - I booked a flight home in June for one day later than I meant to, but didn't catch it until well after the 24-hour period. Mine was only 1 person and no conversion, but it hurts to have to pay for any mistake.

Nice outcome!

For the future: stop using outfits like Expedia. Beyond using such "third party" hotel, air, etc quotes for possible price matching, you should always deal direct with whoever is providing the service. Otherwise, you may not have access to FF points, discounts (AAA et al.)

Sorry you had to face the extra expense but you made the right decision and will be able to enjoy your vacation with much less stress.

$200 x4 (cancellation)

$225 x4 (price difference for flight)

you'd pay this??

Check how much for new tickets one way.

I made a worst mistake a few years ago. Booked flight back for a day before we were back from the cruise. Ex cruise back on 4th and a booked my flight home on the 3rd. Lucky we found the error about 1 month before.

We looked at all our options. And best one was to book new flights. One way tickets.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Good decison

Is it too late to get travel insurance?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

This is just one of the many reasons I always fly Southwest. Zero change fees, and you can change your flight up to 10 minutes before the flight leaves, which means you can try and make a flight, but change it with no worries if you get stuck in traffic and realize you’re not gonna make it.