New room Key

swscruiser

Let me explain this better. There are 2 of us couples going on Holland. Since both people in the cabin have to purchase the drink package and neither wife drinks enough to make it pay. I want to know can we book the guys in one room so they can get the drink package and the girls in the other with no drink package. And then can we get just a room key at guest relations so both spouses can get into their room. Will not be sharing the drink package so don't even go there.

Let me explain this better. There are 2 of us couples going on Holland. Since both people in the cabin have to purchase the drink package and neither wife drinks enough to make it pay. I want to know can we book the guys in one room so they can get the drink package and the girls in the other with no drink package. And then can we get just a room key at guest relations so both spouses can get into their room. Will not be sharing the drink package so don't even go there.

I get what you want to do now.

Sure, why not book those that want the package in one room and the others in the other room?

I am quite sure if you just said that you wanted to be able to let others in your room and went in together they would give you an extra key.

I am not sure what the complications are though if the wrong people are in the wrong cabin for safety reasons or an emergency.

Trying to beat the system may backfire on you.

Packages are non-transferable or refundable. No sharing is permitted. Participants may order only one drink at a time and must be 21 years or older. Beverage Management reserves the right to evoke the package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason, including refusing service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated guests.

Packages are non-transferable or refundable. No sharing is permitted. Participants may order only one drink at a time and must be 21 years or older. Beverage Management reserves the right to evoke the package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason, including refusing service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated guests.

They are not sharing the package. They are booking the room with those that want it in one and those that don't in the other.

It's an interesting idea and I would love to know if you make it work.

There would be some confusion, as the cabin steward would expect 2 men in one cabin and 2 in the other.

They may not be bothered that they have a man and woman in each cabin. They are too busy, to worry about it.

Sandra

They are not sharing the package. They are booking the room with those that want it in one and those that don't in the other.

I did not assume they were going to share, ;);)that's why I underlined the part about misuse.

I did not assume they were going to share, ;);)that's why I underlined the part about misuse.

How is that misuse?

To the OP :people do this on Carnival. I’ve never ever heard of anyone getting into trouble over it ... as long as you follow the no share rules 100% which means even a sip is considered sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

... To the OP :people do this on Carnival. I’ve never ever heard of anyone getting into trouble over it ... as long as you follow the no share rules 100% which means even a sip is considered sharing!

With all due respect to people who cruise on Carnival, there are lots of things that people do on Carnival cruises that (thankfully) HAL cruisers do not do.

The bigger downside to me would be the confusion in keeping track of other stateroom charges and the final bill. The additional cruise days (for each $300 spent) would also not necessarily be split equitably. Too much to think about, IMO. [emoji848]Gives me a headache.

I think they only want to buy one beveage package per couple( for the one drinker out oftwo persons in the couple and preumably caibn..... so are willing to split up and have couple s not sharing a cab in. that sounds like a fun c ruise. ,,,, not being with their partner. :rolleyes: Oh well, all tthat to not spend for two beverage pac kages What kind of vacatiion when people go to such extreme. s to cheat the system. So clever. . Now that they have posted their brilliant plan here, would be funny if some one on the ship (in tthe front office, for example and is on to them. Oh well, h appy cruising.

Of course, I may have read it wrong and am sorry if that is the case but sure sounds like a 'scheme' to me.

I think what they were suggesting does not break the rules as long as they are not giving any drinks to their wives. I’m pretty sure once my cruise is booked, I can sleep in someone else’s cabin if they offer too. They are looking to work the system to their advantage, but I’m not sure it’s a violation of the rules as written.

I wouldn’t bother though, after paying for the package I’m not sure if the savings would be worth it for the hassle. Every time you give your card for a dinner reservation or other item, they are going to be ‘a couple’. Not Mr. and Mrs. I would not be cool with my husband doing that at all.

On Carnival, you book like the OP said then go to Guest Services one onboard and switch everyone to how you want and the two people get to keep their beverage package. Never been a problem from what I've read. If Carnival saw it as cheating they would not allow it.

Can’t you just give a medical excuse for each wife so you can just buy one package per cabin?

Well that would be dishonest too, why can’t they skip the package or buy one for the wives and let them drink smoothies and cappuccinos to their hearts content?

With all due respect to people who cruise on Carnival, there are lots of things that people do on Carnival cruises that (thankfully) HAL cruisers do not do.

What? Like dress better on Gala nights .. cause they do !