LIVE From the Caribbean Princess - New Panama Canal - Dec 10, 2017

CanadianBurger

we did possibly the same excursion when we were on the Island thru the old locks. As I remember, there was some kind of buffet , with free sodas and water. you could buy beer on the excursion for like 2 bucks. don't remember stopping at any store on the way...

Never did find out what caused husbands mild case of food poisoning; but, definitely from that shore excursion. Hadn’t put it together with the tour until shore excursion staff called that evening to find out if either of us had taken ill.

Again, mild case. He went back for lunch seconds which I didn’t do.

Otherwise, enjoyed the tour and the lunch, especially as I didn’t get ill.

Judy

Hi! Is there any way you could post a few photos from their drink menus? I'm trying to get an idea of the cost to see if I should get the drink package :) Thank you!!!

You bet. The prices are higher than previously. We always book when the Sip’n’Sail promotion is on, usually early June.

Sent from my iPhone 8+ using Forums

Missed winning morning trivia by one question. My wife had the right answer to it, but the rest of the team overruled her :

We have a "game" when we do trivia called ITYS for I told you so. When we are "outnumbered" and it turns out we were right, we, at least, get bragging rights. So, when our answer is being "pooh, poohed" we will ask "do you want an ITYS on that?" Sometimes that is better than getting it right (lol).

DH missed winning once by one question and was bemoaning the fact later in the cabin when our then 8 year old came out with the correct answer. The question had something to do about "ragtime" and he said Scott Joplin. When DH asked how he knew that, he said "Black History Month at school." So, we always ask if he is taking our son with him to trivia.

I am wondering if you would be able to take a few pictures of the room service menu along with beverages that can be ordered to the room?

I am really enjoying your live thread. We will being doing this same cruise in January. Reading this just makes it more exciting.

I apologize for not taking the pic before I ate the starter meatball... it looked so good I forgot about the photo. And it tasted as good as it looked!

66ba7410a77df90b7aca170ae2d3f77c.jpg

The jalapeño honey butter was really good on the cornbread.

And again, sorry, I ate the soup before taking a pic. It was excellent. (Did I mention I was hungry after the Panama excursion?)

One word: Wow. I’d heard mixed reviews about Planks, but I could find no fault whatsoever. And I’m a man who loves his BBQ. The meat was hot, tender, and flavorful, and the sauces were tasty without being overpowering. A definite positive review!

(BTW, these are the same meatballs as the starter one)

4bbad54c5c197e0549ec225b212d9bc6.jpg

9f056db93d2f8f42b4d5f7fe936a3dd2.jpg

The venue: (oddly devoid of guests)

267040223563e2459748a480579cc9ee.jpg

Thanks for the details on cones...are the cookie sandwhiches premade or can you make your own combo of cookie and ice cream

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Nope, they must be pre-made, as the flavors on the sign are the only ones available.

Nope, they must be pre-made, as the flavors on the sign are the only ones available.

Bummer..ok thanks. I read that like we could make our own or pick one of their combos...but their combos have a couple i think i need to try when we board in August...i am game for ice cream and cookies so yeah!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

CanadianBurger: Thank you for taking the time to post this live review. This is probably a dumb question, but I'm confused about the logistics of the tour you took through the locks to the Pacific. Do you stay onboard the Caribbean Princess through the new locks, then depart by tender for the tour? Do you rejoin the ship after it has made the reverse trip through the new locks?