Little Upgrade Fairy

geoherb

We booked a guarantee Cat. IF and just received our cabin assignment for a Cat. IB on the Royal's fall trans-Atlantic. It was one of the quad cabins with the upper berths that jut out from the walls. But there were plenty of non-quad cabins in Cat. IB available, and a quick email to my travel agent has us now in one of the sideways Cat. IB cabins on the Riviera Deck. I found out about the problem with the upper berths by searching past posts here on Cruise Critic.

i booked an IF on my next cruise and was upgraded to an OW (obstructred view) with the giant orange lifeboat covering the entire window. i looked at the deck plans and with a HUGE thank you to theo's 'cabinviewbyrenmar', i've got an almost unobstructed one now. geoherb, we're lucky there were still choices available!

i booked an IF on my next cruise and was upgraded to an OW (obstructred view) with the giant orange lifeboat covering the entire window. i looked at the deck plans and with a HUGE thank you to theo's 'cabinviewbyrenmar', i've got an almost unobstructed one now. geoherb, we're lucky there were still choices available!

Same thing happened to us and our son and his girlfriend! We were able to switch from one OW that was pretty obstructed to one that was very "unobstructed"! We were able to do the same for our son's cabin. Theo's cabinviewbyrenmar was invaluable!

Same thing happened to us and our son and his girlfriend! We were able to switch from one OW that was pretty obstructed to one that was very "unobstructed"! We were able to do the same for our son's cabin. Theo's cabinviewbyrenmar was invaluable!

And, as typical, Princess tried to stick you with the worst cabin in the category. You had done your homework an knew how to get the best of those available. Good for you!

Thanks. I was surprised to get the assignment so early. We're two days before the final payment date. There are still plenty of the Cat. IF cabins they could have stuck us in, so I'm happy we got the upgrade. We enjoyed being on the Lido Deck last year, so being this high up won't be too bad--and we'll be under the Marina Deck cabins and above Aloha Deck ones, so noise should not be a problem.

And' date=' as typical, Princess tried to stick you with the worst cabin in the category. You had done your homework an knew how to get the best of those available. Good for you![/quote']

They have very strange idea as to what is really an upgrade

And' date=' as typical, Princess tried to stick you with the worst cabin in the category. You had done your homework an knew how to get the best of those available. Good for you![/quote']

That’s how restaurants often do it as well. They will try to fill the worse tables early with anyone who won’t complain. Helps avoid potential scenes as the restaurant fills.