C&A discounts

In order to get the c&a balcony discount do you need to call royal or does it auto apply in your booking.

If you book on the web and enter your C&A number when booking, it should be applied automatically.

Don’t know why they list the C&A balcony discounts with the dollar amounts because your $250 discount for 7 nights for Diamond Plus is much less then that when you mock book both ways. I have cruises booked & my balcony discount is well under $100. At one time it was the true discount now a false benefit.

Don’t know why they list the C&A balcony discounts with the dollar amounts because your $250 discount for 7 nights for Diamond Plus is much less then that when you mock book both ways. I have cruises booked & my balcony discount is well under $100. At one time it was the true discount now a false benefit.

Yep, Royal is doing an excellent job of diminishing the C&A discount without anyone really knowing. You've got to hand it to them, they are getting better and better at deceptive practices.

Yep, Royal is doing an excellent job of diminishing the C&A discount without anyone really knowing. You've got to hand it to them, they are getting better and better at deceptive practices.

That’s for sure. Also if you want a good meal that’s served hot you need to go to the specialty restaurants. Been cruising with RCL since 1970 & in recent years they have slowing been going down hill. Only reason I book is for convenient departure port. If I decide to fly will book with Celebrity, Holland or now MSC & do two cruises B2B on different ships.

I agree that they've essentially done away with the balcony discount. But I think people that are experienced cruisers have caught onto the bait and switch of the move. The larger picture is the watering down of C&A to the point where it has become an ineffective marketing tool. I haven't cruised with RCL in about 9 years, in part because as I got near Diamond they created Emerald (which offers nothing compelling AT ALL and was no more than moving the goal post another 500 yards away). There were other reasons. But C&A has zero part in my choice to cruise these days. I was going to try NCL this summer but saw that RCL had moved a Radiance class to my home port for a couple of months. Radiance class is MUCH more compelling as a draw than the watered down C&A.

I haven't cruised with RCL in about 9 years, in part because as I got near Diamond they created Emerald (which offers nothing compelling AT ALL and was no more than moving the goal post another 500 yards away). There were other reasons.

The number of points to become diamond did not move at 80 points. Royal just added a new level at 55 points.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The number of points to become diamond did not move at 80 points. Royal just added a new level at 55 points.

It sorta did move.

Before the change to points, Diamond was 10 cruise credits, which translated to 70 points, or ten 7-day cruises.

After the change to points, Diamond became 80 cruise points, or eleven 7-day cruises plus 3 points.

They put in a fudge factor so that those with 9 credits ended up with 76 points, or one cruise away from Diamond.

Those with 10 cruise credits ended up with 83 cruise credits, so they maintained their Diamond level.

Emerald was added when credits changed to points.

It sorta did move.

Before the change to points, Diamond was 10 cruise credits, which translated to 70 points, or ten 7-day cruises.

After the change to points, Diamond became 80 cruise points, or eleven 7-day cruises plus 3 points.

They put in a fudge factor so that those with 9 credits ended up with 76 points, or one cruise away from Diamond.

Those with 10 cruise credits ended up with 83 cruise credits, so they maintained their Diamond level.

Thank you.

Wouldn’t you get diamond with ten 3 day cruises also? Definitely a lot less than the 80 points you now need for D.

It sorta did move.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Wouldn’t you get diamond with ten 3 day cruises also? Definitely a lot less than the 80 points you now need for D.

Yes, before 2011. You could also make Diamond with five 3-day cruises in a JS or better.

I will add that the C&A discount almost always makes the balcony price cheaper than the OV price in my experience.

I try and not sweat the small stuff.

I will raise hell if I order a drink at 7:55 and it gets entered into register at 8:06, creating a charge. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yea, that's what I was wondering.

BTW, Falcon launch is around 5:45am on Friday. You still coming?

All Frequent travel has, programs are watered down. Airlines was points for miles now only for cash spent...
Interesting that Delta gives more Medallion miles than actual miles.

Those old qualifications were sure lot easier to reach d and d+.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Solo is the way to move up fast. [emoji6]

Solo in a JS on Mariner repo = instant Diamond.

Solo is the way to move up fast. [emoji6]

Solo in a JS on Mariner repo = instant Diamond.

I forgot to mention that it was even faster in the old days when they had Diamonds in December. You could earn 3 credits (equivalent of 21 points) on a 3-day cruise in December. Only 24 nights to D+.

Edited by Host Clarea

I forgot to mention that it was even faster in the old days when they had Diamonds in December. You could earn 3 credits (equivalent of 21 points) on a 3-day cruise in December. Only 24 nights cruises to D+.
Good times. I think we got 21 extra points on that. One was a 7 day. What a waste. [emoji6]

Yea, that's what I was wondering.

BTW, Falcon launch is around 5:45am on Friday. You still coming?

Yes! Rented a pathfinder and will be going down after the parks. Where do you suggest we eat that is open early in the am and has decent breakfast?