Change of cabin same CAT denied

gerelmx

I book the Summit Interior GTY, we were assigned CAT 9 7052, connecting cabin with 7048. request change of cabin to CAT 9 8174, the change was denied because our cabin is double and the requested one is triple (sofa bed). I only make this comment so that you take it into account when you want to make a change. I'm still happy because I save $1,220 (difference between GTY and CAT 9)

Good to know. We’ve not had a problem switching but perhaps we’ve never tried to move from a 2 person cabin to a 3/4 cabin.

Glad you’ve got a good attitude about it. Some of our guarantee assignments haven’t been the best but when we factor in the savings we can’t complain.

I book the Summit Interior GTY, we were assigned CAT 9 7052, connecting cabin with 7048. request change of cabin to CAT 9 8174, the change was denied because our cabin is double and the requested one is triple (sofa bed). I only make this comment so that you take it into account when you want to make a change. I'm still happy because I save $1,220 (difference between GTY and CAT 9)

This must be something new or the person who told you this is incorrect because we have done it. As a matter of fact it was a guarantee also. As long as it was the same category you could change to it if it is available.

On many sailings Crlebritys revenue management team will restrict booking double occupancy in rooms that can accommodate 3 or more. It is dependent on the itinerary and season and historical booking patterns. They want to be able to accommodate everyone and not t turn away bookings.

Thanks everybody for your posts, since I book with my TA I will not insist in the change. Thinking well this cabin (7052) is located in an exclusive sector of the ship, outside the corridors, and I have convinced myself to stay where they assigned me, the only thing I do not like is that it is a connecting cabin.

35815144_2108243176085142_450388567219240960_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ac9f3b51327720c33108cdfa9474d055&oe=5BAC102C

This must be something new or the person who told you this is incorrect because we have done it. As a matter of fact it was a guarantee also. As long as it was the same category you could change to it if it is available.

In the US you can, but not if you book in some other countries i.e. U.K. - you have to accept what you are allocated, no movement.

Here in MEX same rules as Canada and USA

Yes, but was pointing out to Marycruz that not all countries have that option ;).

It could be the occupancy policy in your case. Sometimes X do not allow 2 pax to book a 3/4 pax cabin, even when it’s not a GTY (it can sometimes depend on the sailing).

Yes, it does sound like an occupancy issue. We booked a balcony guarantee and after we were assigned a 1B, I tried to move to a better-located 1B. They said they would have to run it by revenue management for approval because it was a cabin that could hold 4 people. I pointed out that the cabin they had assigned us was also for 4 people, but they said they would still have to get approval. Luckily, they did approve it.

Yes, it does sound like an occupancy issue. We booked a balcony guarantee and after we were assigned a 1B, I tried to move to a better-located 1B. They said they would have to run it by revenue management for approval because it was a cabin that could hold 4 people. I pointed out that the cabin they had assigned us was also for 4 people, but they said they would still have to get approval. Luckily, they did approve it.

Every cabin that holds 3 to 4 cannot be used for that capacity. Each muster station has a limit to the number of people and when that number has been reached only 2 can be booked in these cabins. One very upset poster booked a cabin for 4 hoping that extra family members would join last minute. They were refused. No life boat seat left.

I believe there is a very small % of interior staterooms on this ship; so, it would not surprise me that Celebrity would not allow 2 people to stay in a triple interior that has very limited availability. I'm sure the OP would have had no problem switching within the same category to another double occupancy stateroom.

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Today is Final Payment Date, I was able to switch my cabin, Same CAT, Same PAX, one in front of the other, 7050 is same orientation as 8174 (previous request denied), I like more the vertical oriented than the Horizontal in a inside cabin, bed it's at the back wall, not connecting :)

Edited by gerelmx