Dream Maitre'd response

ccd228

I know I've read that you don't always get a response but now I'm worried my request might not be done. Has anyone had any luck recently getting a response back for a table request for Dream?

Two years ago, after sending an email to the Dream Maitre’d and requesting a specific table I received a response confirming the request. Last year sent the same type of request and didn’t receivie any follow up, however my request was honored and notated at checkin.

I sent a request a couple of months ago for our cruise later this month and have not received any follow up.

So, as many will say, the Maitre’ds do not have to respond and it is hit and miss on the follow up, however so far we have always got our requested table.

I emailed the maitre'd on the Dream last November about 10 days before our cruise. I never got a response, but my request was honored. Don't worry if they don't respond (they aren't required or expected to by Carnival). Just go to your dining room on embarkation day and confirm your request.

Have never rec'd a response regarding a table request on any ship BUT have always had my request granted. Once you board and the MDR opens (about 1:30 for guests to enter to locate table or make requests etc.) go and find your table. If not what you requested then ask for a new table assignment at that time.

Just a note that the Maitre'D's are not expected nor obliged to respond to guest emails. If you have a specific dining request, post on John Heald's Facebook page 4 days before your cruise and he will forward it on.

^^^ This.

Adding that Carnival specifically asks that you DON'T email maitre d's. It isn't their job to receive requests via email.

It really surprises me that Carnival's IT staff can't figure out how to block external emails to the Maitre'Ds. Its really not that hard.

If they didn't want you emailing them, they would block it. They just aren't required to respond.

If they didn't want you emailing them, they would block it. They just aren't required to respond.

That's just silly. Obviously there are business reasons for having a business email. They could easily block all email but then what is the point of having email.

^^^ This.

Adding that Carnival specifically asks that you DON'T email maitre d's. It isn't their job to receive requests via email.

I've never seen where Carnival asks that you don't email them. Besides, why wouldn't the maître d want to receive it? I would think that it's much easier to address the request and get it right in advance, then have to change it on embarkation day.

OP, don't worry - I've never gotten a response, but have always gotten our request.

I've never seen where Carnival asks that you don't email them. Besides, why wouldn't the maître d want to receive it? I would think that it's much easier to address the request and get it right in advance, then have to change it on embarkation day.

OP, don't worry - I've never gotten a response, but have always gotten our request.

John Heald has requested countless times on his FB page and the same has been posted here numerous times + 1.

With thousands of passengers on a cruise ship each week, you don't think the maitre d' has better things to do than read and keep track of zillions of requests from entitled passengers? Some email months or more in advance. Besides, Miami makes the initial table assignments.

John Heald has requested countless times on his FB page and the same has been posted here numerous times + 1.

With thousands of passengers on a cruise ship each week, you don't think the maitre d' has better things to do than read and keep track of zillions of requests from entitled passengers? Some email months or more in advance. Besides, Miami makes the initial table assignments.

And to add. John Heald has said to contact him on his FB page for any specific requests and HE will forward it to the appropriate person.

I made my request to the Magic team 4-5 days before boarding. I didn't get a response back, either, but our group got a lovely table with an amazing AFT window view. I feel so spoiled...I'll always want the same view at dinner from now on.

Just a note that the Maitre'D's are not expected nor obliged to respond to guest emails. If you have a specific dining request, post on John Heald's Facebook page 4 days before your cruise and he will forward it on.

We have ALWAYS emailed the MD with 100% success, even though we have not always received a response.

We had friends that cruised with us that insisted that they were told to email JHeald instead. Their request was not granted. They did what they wanted to do and paid for it.

^^^ This.

Not sure then what their job is since honoring a seating request is the only thing any have done for us. On most cruises we don't even know what he/she looks like.:)

I don't go to JH's facebook page, so I don't get my instructions from him. I have emailed the MaitreD several times when I have a particular request. I send it after the second day of the prior cruise when I know he/she will be working on table assignments. I only received one response, but have had the requests honored each time. I would think that if they didn't want emails, they would stop honoring email requests.

Having worked onboard with MaitreD's, I know that the most frustrating part of their job is being "bombarded" with 30-40 people in line on day one making requests. I'm not sure how getting emails and being able to leisurely try to accommodate requests is worse than having people lined up in front of you & making requests on the spot.

Also, if CCL doesn't want passengers to email MaitreD's, they should tell their MD's not to honor requests made through emails. How so many people on these boards know what CCL wants is beyond me. JH doesn't run the whole show.

Anyway, each of us should do what we think we should do. Just because JH has "repeatedly" put on FB that requests should be made through him, I choose to make my own requests. And, until I'm told differently by the person who is actually involved, I'll continue to email MaitreD's when I have a specific request.

Not sure then what their job is since honoring a seating request is the only thing any have done for us. On most cruises we don't even know what he/she looks like.:)

The maitre d' oversees the dining room staff, among other things. So if you got food, they did their job. You're welcome.

We have ALWAYS emailed the MD with 100% success, even though we have not always received a response.

We had friends that cruised with us that insisted that they were told to email JHeald instead. Their request was not granted. They did what they wanted to do and paid for it.

A fellow Brit The Bard summed up HEALD "It is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing."

BRILLIANT Cheers Mate