Epic-Latest You Can Disembark in Barcelona?

SarafinaPink

Going to be on Epic in just over a month and found out that we can't drop our luggage off at our Barcelona Air BNB until 11:30 on the day we get off the ship. I see lots of people talking about the earliest they can get off the ship to catch flights and such, but what is the latest? Trying to figure out how to avoid being off the ship too early with no where to put luggage for hours.

• 1 year later...

We did the most amazing tour via Barcelona day tours to get acclimated into Barcelona.

they picked us up at the port at 8am and we did a 1/2 day tour and dropped us at our hotel.  It served the purpose to get a locals overview of all of Barcelona and incorporated the shuttle to the hotel.  Highly recommend!!

8 hours ago, Willowbranch said:

bmwman -- did you have any issues with them trying to kick you off at 11am? 

Think we can stay on for lunch? haha

Our transportation isn't till late afternoon.. 

I think it might be possible to stay for lunch.

I know that on MSC it't often possible to stay for lunch. 

11 hours ago, tanyaewa said:

We did the most amazing tour via Barcelona day tours to get acclimated into Barcelona.

they picked us up at the port at 8am and we did a 1/2 day tour and dropped us at our hotel.  It served the purpose to get a locals overview of all of Barcelona and incorporated the shuttle to the hotel.  Highly recommend!!

We did the same, but since we’d stayed in Barcelona precruise we took their tour to Montserrat. It was awesome. We’d planned to just use it as a way to kill time before our late flight. Instead it was a highlight of the trip!

On 4/12/2018 at 2:28 PM, SarafinaPink said:

Going to be on Epic in just over a month and found out that we can't drop our luggage off at our Barcelona Air BNB until 11:30 on the day we get off the ship. I see lots of people talking about the earliest they can get off the ship to catch flights and such, but what is the latest? Trying to figure out how to avoid being off the ship too early with no where to put luggage for hours.

They will call all ashore around 9:30 and you need to be off by 10:00. They want to complete their turnover and start boarding the passengers for the next cruise before 11:00. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

They will call all ashore around 9:30 and you need to be off by 10:00. They want to complete their turnover and start boarding the passengers for the next cruise before 11:00. 

Are you sure that they want all disembarking passengers to disembark before they start boarding the new passengers?

From what I remember from a few weeks ago when we dragged our feet a bit, the exit area used to hold the off-boarding passengers suitcases looked as though it was used to double for the boarding.  The computer terminals and desks were all pushed back to the walls to make space for the off-loading suitcases, so if that is so, they can't start loading new passengers until the hall has been cleared of outgoing cases and passengers and it has been converted to incoming book-in desks.  We ended up very slowly making our way out, but still ended up on the forecourt just before 10am.  I doubt they would be very sympathetic about anyone lingering about much after 10:30 or so at the latest.

Edited by old nutter
spelling

13 minutes ago, old nutter said:

From what I remember from a few weeks ago when we dragged our feet a bit, the exit area used to hold the off-boarding passengers suitcases looked as though it was used to double for the boarding.  The computer terminals and desks were all pushed back to the walls to make space for the off-loading suitcases, so if that is so, they can't start loading new passengers until the hall has been cleared of outgoing cases and passengers and it has been converted to incoming book-in desks.  We ended up very slowly making our way out, but still ended up on the forecourt just before 10am.  I doubt they would be very sympathetic about anyone lingering about much after 10:30 or so at the latest.

Maybe it depends on which terminal they use. I have only cruised from Barcelona on MSC and then that was not a problem.