For the Miami Experts... Best Steakhouse in Downtown / Brickell area?

sid_9169

Looking for a nice steak dinner for the Friday night prior to a Saturday cruise. I tried the "supposedly great" Wolfgangs last time, and had a very lackluster experience. I was looking at Capitol Grille, but I'm open to suggestions from the Miami locals... Thank you in advance for your input.

Here in the Brickell/downtown area, these are the steakhouses that we go to. Wolgang's has been a hit or miss for us.

Capital Grille is amazing. Always have a great meal and service here on Brickell.

Salt Bae just opened a restaurant here on Brickell and though I haven't been, I have heard the steaks are just amazing. It's called nusr-et.

The Filet at Trulucks in excellent.

PM Fish & Steakhouse is really good. Always had great steaks here.

Edge Steakhouse at the Four Seasons is excellent as well. Pretty setting.

Baires Grille has great steaks.

Believe it or not, there is an amazing steak dinner at Toscana Divino. It's for 2 but is always amazing everytime we order it.

If you want to venture out of the Brickell area, then you have Smith & Wollensky, Red the Steakhouse, Prime 112 over on the Beach or Ruth Chris' in Coral Gables.

Morton's The Steakhouse on Brickell Comes to mind.

http://www.mortons.com/miami/

Keith

We have had good meals here and some not so good meals here. I don't know why this Morton's isn't consistent. My husband has done a lot of business lunches here as well and has found the same thing.

I wish they would renovate the place, especially the bar area. Since it's down stairs it's always so dark and drab. I know it got water damage with Irma and haven't been in there since they cleaned it up so I don't know if they took the time to do any changes. Just don't care for the setting here at all.

Flemings Steakhouse will be opening at 600 Brickell soon which is basically across from Trulucks.

Oh I read the OP's post wrong. I thought they had tried Capital Grille.

My choices in order then and this is only based on what I have tried would be:

Capital Grille

Truluck's

Morton's

Carolyn I understand what you mean about inconsistency.

Of course I am more of a seafood guy but on occasion have steak.

Keith

I know this restaurant isn’t in the Brickell area but my best friend treated me to dinner at The Forge in Miami Beach a few years ago. The steak we had was outstanding and the restaurant reminded me of places I went to years ago in New York City when I was a lot younger. You would need a cab, Uber, or rental car to get there but it’s definitely worth the trip.

I know this restaurant isn’t in the Brickell area but my best friend treated me to dinner at The Forge in Miami Beach a few years ago. The steak we had was outstanding and the restaurant reminded me of places I went to years ago in New York City when I was a lot younger. You would need a cab, Uber, or rental car to get there but it’s definitely worth the trip.

I LOVE the Forge! My all time favorite Miami restaurant. My BFF is the designer who redid The Forge when they shut down a couple of years ago for a year.

I agree with Capitol Grille downtown.

I also love Prime 112 is you want to head over the bridge.

Smith & Wollensky for the views.