2018 Signature Experience?

dcl1710

Looking back at your posting history, you have asked this about 4 times now, and only once specified that you are doing this in Rome, which is a critical piece of info. This program is only offered in a couple of ports, but the activities are different in each port, so specifics are important.

Yes, this is pretty new to HAL...I believe this year is the first. Which probably explains why you have gotten little response.

I am new to the HAL Board so I was surprised by the lack of responses to a thread. The Signature Experience appears to be new but I do not want to waste time on a excursion that is not to my liking. This is my second HAL cruise so I have questions. I am elite on Princess so I do enjoy cruising and looking forward to the HAL experience.

From what I have read and seen in other posts on here, it is probably not worth it if you have to pay for the experience as it is quite expensive for two nights hotel and experience. we got it included in our upcoming med cruise from venice as we booked a Neptune suite so we are going the extra days ahead (to the chagrin of my husbands place of employment...lol) but I would not have paid for it. Ours includes two nights in a lovely well located venice hotel and an evening with a canal ride and drinks and appetizers at a palace where you are to meet a "real" countess. sounds fun plus although we have been to venice 3 times before we enjoy walking about in that romantic city.

for rome it is

a magical evening in the Casa dei Cavalieri di Rodi (House of the Knights of Rhodes) on a terrace overlooking the Roman Forum. Dine on hearty appetizers as you drink in the spectacular view—and your choice of Prosecco, white or red wine—before departing for an exclusive, after-hours tour of the Coliseum given by one its most elite guides

you have to contact HA to find cost if not included and availability then decide.

I concur some posts get lots of answers and others very few. I have had some posts generate a lot of good information and some nothing.

I do not know if many (if anyone) on CC have participated as of yet. We are counting down and I promise to review "package" as soon as we return. Included with a Neptune Suite- it is a very exciting perk. But as a purchase- I think it comes down to the value of the bonus "event" or excursion they can create for us. We needed to add an additional nights stay in Rome. I learned our Rome stay would be at the Hotel Mediterraneo. HAL was unable to book the added night, so I did it direct. In doing so- I was told our HAL booking included the standard luxury accommodations with breakfast- and offered the option to purchase upgrade.

I would figure out your investment in accommodations and what the excursion is worth to you to help make your decision.

Thanks for the information. I learned about the Signature Experience from a thread oaths Board. We are also in a Neptune Suite so we thought it would be a nice start to the trip. We have been in Suites on other cruise lines and never had this opportunity. HAL is doing a nice perk.

I do not know if many (if anyone) on CC have participated as of yet. We are counting down and I promise to review "package" as soon as we return. Included with a Neptune Suite- it is a very exciting perk. But as a purchase- I think it comes down to the value of the bonus "event" or excursion they can create for us. We needed to add an additional nights stay in Rome. I learned our Rome stay would be at the Hotel Mediterraneo. HAL was unable to book the added night, so I did it direct. In doing so- I was told our HAL booking included the standard luxury accommodations with breakfast- and offered the option to purchase upgrade.

I would figure out your investment in accommodations and what the excursion is worth to you to help make your decision.

Maybe it is to far off, but my hotel in Hong Kong has no record of a HAL reservation.

The hotel is the Cordis. I booked one night on my own but have yet been able to link it. I will wait till final payment before I try again.

We are doing the Signature Experience in Auckland in November. Two nights at the Cordis. I could care less about the excursion, but still it sounds good. Two nights in a nice hotel prior to the cruise enabling us to tour Auckland on our own prior to the ship leaving ... priceless. It’s a no brained. Two nights lodging free at a nice hotel. What’s the hesitation?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the information. I learned about the Signature Experience from a thread oaths Board. We are also in a Neptune Suite so we thought it would be a nice start to the trip. We have been in Suites on other cruise lines and never had this opportunity. HAL is doing a nice perk.

I am sorry you were not aware of the signature experience before finalizing your travel arrangements. This is the first time I have ever seen this perk offered... so I honestly don't know what to expect or its value vs. those airline rebook fees. I hope everything works out for you & you have a wonderful cruise whatever travels follow.

Seems to me that complimentary pre-cruise night or two and transfers to the ship make this a "no brainer" for Neptune Suite guests -- unless you don't have the extra time or rebooking becomes cost-prohibitive. We're doing it in Amsterdam in July, so I hope I'm right.

Seems to me that complimentary pre-cruise night or two and transfers to the ship make this a "no brainer" for Neptune Suite guests -- unless you don't have the extra time or rebooking becomes cost-prohibitive. We're doing it in Amsterdam in July, so I hope I'm right.

We are in a signature suite for our upcoming Viking Passage cruise in Aug. We were offered the free Signature Experience and jump on the offer. Two nights free hotel room in Amsterdam and a party and an excursion I don't remember right now. Maybe even get to meet "Royalty" too. Bottom line, they do offer it to Signature Suite passengers too not just NS.

Hi-

We are doing the Signature Experience in Buenos Aries before our South America Explorer or Adventurer can't remember what it's called. We are in a Vista suite and was included in the fare. The Zaandam is an R class ship so it only has 2 classes of suites.

We are looking forward to the hotel stay, Tango demonstration, museum visit and I think a dinner. The hotel stay saves us money plus you get a transfer from the airport to your hotel and then hotel to ship on embarkation day. We where planing on staying in Buenos Aries a couple of nights before sailing anyway so the Signature Experience fits in nicely with out plans.

-Paul

Buenos Aires is a terrific city with a very European feel. We were there two years ago and LOVED the city. Have a great time. Kang. BTW ... we also tried a little Tango. Key words there “a little.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe it is to far off, but my hotel in Hong Kong has no record of a HAL reservation.

The hotel is the Cordis. I booked one night on my own but have yet been able to link it. I will wait till final payment before I try again.

We are at the Cordis right now and the property is very nice. Suggest you upgrade to a Club room which allows access to lounge for breakfast, beverages, afternoon and evening adult beverages and canopes. Great location for stores and restaurants.

I spoke to HAL and this is a recent addition on certain ships in specific ports. So I changed our flight to enjoy this new excursion to suite guests. I do hope anyone who has this benefit write a review so more people know if this is worth it if you do not have a Suite. For me it was the transfer from airport to hotel and hotel to port that made us decide to change.

Thanks to original person who wrote the initial thread about the Signature Experience.

We are at the Cordis right now and the property is very nice. Suggest you upgrade to a Club room which allows access to lounge for breakfast, beverages, afternoon and evening adult beverages and canopes. Great location for stores and restaurants.

I have done that for my own one night. Have had no luck in getting cordis reserbations to do a paid upgrade for the two HAL nights. I will keep trying.