Our MAGICal B2B with a side of ELATION cruises (with pics) - 10/7/17.

Jamman54

Jamman, I booked too late to snag a HMC cabana. Do you know if they possibly hold back one to be booked by someone after they board the ship?

Oh, by the way, absolutely love your reviews!

Thanks for reading! momonthego17 gave you the best advice. Get to the Shore Excursion desk as soon as you board. I have also heard that you can get your name put on a waiting list by emailing Carnival's Shore Excursion desk. Not sure what that email is, maybe someone can chime in on this one. :cool:

Thank you Jamman and momonthego17 for the suggestions. I will search for that email address, and I will go to the shore excursion desk as soon as I board.

Good Luck!! I hope you get one. :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

I love your reviews, and oddly enough, I read this review last year b4 my Elation cruise last Nov and skimmed through the Magic parts. Now I'm booking a cruise in Sept on Magic and want to read those parts, lol.

Do you have a website of your travels and reviews?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I love your reviews, and oddly enough, I read this review last year b4 my Elation cruise last Nov and skimmed through the Magic parts. Now I'm booking a cruise in Sept on Magic and want to read those parts, lol.

Do you have a website of your travels and reviews?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks again for reading! I think you will love the Magic. I never got around to building a website for our travels, but links to my reviews and to our vacation and cruise photo galleries can be found in my signature. :cool:

• 2 months later...

Rereading for the Elation review, as I will be cruising her in 28 days. Thanks for so much detail! I really enjoy the big screen on Lido, so I hope I’m not disappointed and won’t miss it too much on Elation.

Rereading for the Elation review, as I will be cruising her in 28 days. Thanks for so much detail! I really enjoy the big screen on Lido, so I hope I’m not disappointed and won’t miss it too much on Elation.

Thanks for reading! I need to look it over again myself since we'll be boarding her again on the 27th. I guess we'll be getting off and you'll be getting on. Enjoy your cruise! :D

• 3 weeks later...

We will be driving down to Florida. Patti is not a big fan, but I don’t mind driving. We like driving overnight so that we miss the morning rush hours of Baltimore and Washington, and there is hardly any traffic at all. I just set the cruise control at ahem, 79 mph and just steer between the white lines while listening to tunes all night long. We usually make quick potty and/or gas stops every two hours or so.

To be continued…..

Dut to the 4th big storm to come thru NYC we ended up driving from VT to Florida this past March, last minute decision. Im with you, I like to drive thru the night. AND, I too set cruise at 79 on I95 and got nailed in SC by an unmarked cruiser. Although I got a warning, the trooper was none too nice and was quick to inform me that "the speed limit has never been 79" when I told him I was just following traffic and not from SC and didnt know....playing dumb.

Dut to the 4th big storm to come thru NYC we ended up driving from VT to Florida this past March, last minute decision. Im with you, I like to drive thru the night. AND, I too set cruise at 79 on I95 and got nailed in SC by an unmarked cruiser. Although I got a warning, the trooper was none too nice and was quick to inform me that "the speed limit has never been 79" when I told him I was just following traffic and not from SC and didnt know....playing dumb.

Sorry you got snagged, but at least you didn't get a ticket! In all the times that I have driven down to Florida and back, I have never (knock on wood), been stopped for speeding. So many people doing 85, 90, or more MPH pass me like i'm standing still. Those are the big money makers for the troopers, not people like me and you ONLY going 9 MPH over the limit. :D:D:D

Thanks a million for the lovely review of the Elation going on her solo in October

There are so many people that just post negative but I just go with the flow and make it my own :)

Thanks again

Thanks for reading and hope you found it helpful. You will enjoy your cruise on the Elation. We will be back on her next Monday! :cool:

First off I'm very sad you'll be getting off as I'm getting on the Elation 1 September. Quick question, I just wanted to verify the picture from your Elation room and confirm the new standard 2 regular plugs and 2 USB ports in the room?

Thanks again for all you do!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:09 PM, Jamman54 said:

Day # 5 – Isla Roatan (9am to 6pm) - 10/11/17.

Here are today’s Fun Times…..

IMG_5201-XL.jpg

IMG_5202-XL.jpg

IMG_5203-XL.jpg

We were up at 7am. The seas were flat calm and it was mostly cloudy outside. The weather forecast called for some passing showers during the day. Out on the balcony we could see the sun trying to peek out from behind the clouds…..

IMG_5204-XL.jpg

IMG_5205-XL.jpg

This is what we will be doing today. We booked this through ShoreExcursioneer at a cost of $85 per person:

Roatan Las Sirenas Beach Resort VIP Premium Day Pass

Round trip transportation from your Roatan cruise terminal (Coxen Hole or Port of Roatan Mahogany Bay)!

Use of facilities at Las Sirenas Beach Resort such as swimming pool, lounge chairs and beach!

Guaranteed return to the pier 1 hour before ship departure!

All-inclusive day - all you want lunch buffet, special open Premium label bar, lounge chairs, pool...much, much more!

Enjoy a premium day all-inclusive day pass at the Las Sirenas Beach Resort in Roatan. Wish and want for nothing during your relaxing day at the beach.

Your friendly English speaking excursion guide will greet you outside your Roatan cruise terminal (Coxen Hole or Port of Roatan Mahogany Bay) and take you to Las Sirenas Beach Resort. Your departure time is one hour after ship arrival. Upon your arrival you will receive a wristband which gives you access to all the hotels facilities. You pick and choose how to spend your day at the resort.

Enjoy the inviting freshwater swimming pool, stroll the water sandy private beach, lounge in a comfortable chair poolside or on the beach, or maybe enjoy a relaxing visit to the jacuzzi.

There is a delicious, all you can eat buffet lunch served in the main restaurant. Selections include such items as salad bar, a la minute station (freshly made to order items), three side dishes a meat, poultry and a sea food options, and much more! Choices vary daily. Enjoy all you would want and dine inside, poolside or even down on the beach.

There is also a special premium open bar for the day pass guests that include local beers (Barena, Port Royal, Salva Vida, Imperial, and Heineken), international brands of: rum, vodka, tequila, gin,whisky, mixed cocktails, margaritas, rumrunners, tequila sunrise, etc. soft drinks, orange and pineapple juice, fruit punch, water, soft drinks and more.

Also included is the fresh water swimming pool, beach and poolside lounge chairs, restrooms, changing rooms and more amenities. We also offer the Las Sirenas Resort All Inclusive Beach Day Pass Excursion that offers a domestic open bar and one lunch choice.

The transportation will have you back at the pier one hour before your ship departs from your Roatan cruise terminal.

The Carnival Magic is approaching Mahogany Bay…..

IMG_5225-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Bumping.  I booked this based on your wonderful review.  Glad I did because it's no longer offered by the private vendor you mentioned.  I was worried because it wasn't showing on their site.  They told me it's being honored due to my booking.

I noticed you mentioned Carnival has one also with them.  Mine was at the price you mention.  Give a report on my return

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:33 PM, airlink diva said:

Bumping.  I booked this based on your wonderful review.  Glad I did because it's no longer offered by the private vendor you mentioned.  I was worried because it wasn't showing on their site.  They told me it's being honored due to my booking.

I noticed you mentioned Carnival has one also with them.  Mine was at the price you mention.  Give a report on my return

Thanks. Looking forward to your update. :classic_cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! What a fabulous review! I finally made a decision and booked the Liberty out of PC next July with stops in Nassau and Freeport but for $300 more the Magic is out of Fort Lauderdale with stops at HMC, GT and Amber Cove. Decisions, decisions...now I'm torn between the two! 🤔 Thank you for this awesome review! 😊

48 minutes ago, DeweysGirl said:

Wow! What a fabulous review! I finally made a decision and booked the Liberty out of PC next July with stops in Nassau and Freeport but for $300 more the Magic is out of Fort Lauderdale with stops at HMC, GT and Amber Cove. Decisions, decisions...now I'm torn between the two! 🤔 Thank you for this awesome review! 😊

The second itinerary is so much better than only $300 more is a gift. 

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, DeweysGirl said:

Glad you enjoyed the review! :classic_laugh: IMHO the Magic itinerary is much better....go for it! :classic_cool:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeweysGirl said:

I switched! So excited for ths itinerary! 😊 🏝🏝🏝 😊

Good for you!!!  :classic_biggrin:  Now check out our Conquest review which went to those same ports. Have fun with your planning! :classic_cool:

• 1 year later...

Hi Jeff, it's me again 😄 !

Just got off your amazing 19 dayer!!!

Another new ship to me, the Magic! Beautiful pictures of the ship thanks Patti. I have been to those ports numerous times thanks for the memories.

The Elation I've been on!! Yay!! Although I have to admit it was not yesterday 😞 , in fact it was 2005, way before renovations. Thanks for showing me the updated one. 

The Elation ports are my upcoming so I'm always interested.

Onwards to the Paradise and the Conquest!!

Hugs

Nicki