Anybody recently off Koningsdam: What have they done to the Culinary Arts Center....

Mosaic

We just got of from Koningsdam. They have changed it to ala carte pricing. Prices are very reasonable. If any of you have been in Food Republic on Norwegian Escape, it reminded me of that. Menu includes tacos, lobster mac & cheese, asian style food, mini burgers, portobello mushrooms etc. It was really good!! I would do it again in a heartbeat!

We just got of from Koningsdam. They have changed it to ala carte pricing. Prices are very reasonable. If any of you have been in Food Republic on Norwegian Escape, it reminded me of that. Menu includes tacos, lobster mac & cheese, asian style food, mini burgers, portobello mushrooms etc. It was really good!! I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Thanks. Sounds good!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

They were trying to promote it at the Culinary Arts when we were on board-late evening happy hour food at half price (I think it was from 10-11pm) but we didn't go. Sorry I didn't get any info to report back about it.

Like these ideas.

We were on the Koningsdam Dec 10 - 20. We did not dine in the new Culinary Arts, but did go there several times for happy hour and really enjoyed it. Happy hour was 4 to 6pm daily, and I think 10 to 11 pm as well. They have a specific happy hour menu of appetizer type foods like sliders, Parmesan fries, lobster mac and cheese, hummus etc. The prices were good, like $1.00 for the fries. (and I got my 3 star discount off that too, so they were $0.75). I think the 2 sliders were maybe $2 or $3 and they were really good. The happy hour drink menu had about 5 cocktails to choose from, and several nice beer choices, more craft beer than mainstream. We enjoyed everything we had there. The service was great and they had nice music playing. There were also TV's on showing sports games.

I hope that they do more to advertise this venue as it seemed under-used, which is a shame as it is so nice.

Charging for fries and mini burgers is a hard pass. As to Food Republic did that too; ramen noodles and nothing but mayo lobster roll will chomp your wallet. Quality okay. One and done. All these lines are getting a little brazen with charges for very basic food items.