20% off celebrity trips

bogofman

In my experience there is no savings by waiting to book on board. We booked an excursion in Curacao during the last savings event, no where close to 20% though. Looked at this excursion today based on the latest offering and there is no savings at all.

I also got the 20% off shore excursions email. How do you know a) which cruise it applies to (We have four booked) and b) On a specific cruise, how do you know which excursions it applies to? It seems you might need to keep a list of excursion prices to see if the 20% discount has been applied.

To add to my confusion, I keep getting notified, on my cruise planner, that I am eligible for a beverage package upgrade. We are in a suite with all four perks included. Is there a new level of beverage, the exclusive package $$$$, of which I am not aware?

I also got the 20% off shore excursions email. How do you know a) which cruise it applies to (We have four booked) and b) On a specific cruise, how do you know which excursions it applies to? It seems you might need to keep a list of excursion prices to see if the 20% discount has been applied.

To add to my confusion, I keep getting notified, on my cruise planner, that I am eligible for a beverage package upgrade. We are in a suite with all four perks included. Is there a new level of beverage, the exclusive package $$$$, of which I am not aware?

I get emails about booking my beverage package frequently even though we already have a premium beverage package with the Go Best rate.

I phoned Celebrity after receiving same email, spoke to adviser in UK. Asked her if there was a code needed to get discount. She said prices shown were discounted prices. She also said not all tours were discounted and some only by 3%!

Does celebrity ever offer discount on Beveridge packages? Don't mean "freebie" when booking.

I think if you re-read the email you will notice that it says up to 20%. Many aren't discounted at all and the ones that are seem to hover around 5% at most. That being said, booking onboard is usually 10% more than booking pre-cruise. We used to wait to book until we boarded before the rule was changed allowing you to use OBC issued by X pre-cruise. Even though we paid a bit more we used OBC-N and didn't have to reach for a credit card. Now we do it pre-cruise.

I booked a couple excursions today and the price was very reasonable. I’ll look again when the sale is over and see how much I saved. They only say “discount applied” but they don’t say how much discount you get.

we noted the prices before the discount, it seems the trips we are interested are 20% off ( in $) so converting to £ its not 20% but less due to the exchange rate. but still a saving, if you intend to book.

we just booked up one we liked. offre ends in 2 hours time,

i bet there will be more coming out soon.

My experience has been that prices go up as you get closer to the sailing date and on board. I usually print out the excursion brochure 6+ months in advance and then again 2 or 3 months before the cruise. I've noticed many instances where the prices went up. Even noticed the prices higher on board than what I printed out a only a month before. And I'm not talking small increases. Sometimes $20 or more on tours around $100. Only once did I see a price go down from what I printed out before getting on a ship; by a few dollars.

So now if there's a "sale" and I have OBC, I'll book something I'm interested in. Can always cancel or change it before 24 hours in advance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I was able to cancel several excursions I had already booked and rebook at the reduced rate. Saved approx. $60 all told. Very easy to do. You are able to see the reduced prices when you go to the excursions page, if they are available.

I called today and was able,to cancel,and rebook an excursion for a $40credit as we had used credits to book. I figure it’s good for a couple of,glasses of wine or coffees!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Just received an email offering 20% off pre booked trips, how do the online prices compare to booking onboard?

Is it really a saving?

Yes it is. We did a few for our up coming Oct.29 Sydney Great Barrier Reef cruise and Nov. 8 btob NZ. Seems like the were even higher once on ship.

Several points:

1. The discount is up to 20%.

2. Most are less than that.

3. Booking onboard will be about 10% above the pre-boarding prices.

4. Especially if you have X issued OBC you can use it to book prior to boarding.

If you want to see what the non-sale prices are call Captains Club and ask them to send you a brochure of the excursions available for your cruise. It will show the regular prices in a PDF file. You can then compare those prices to the prices displayed in your cruise planner which are the sale prices with the discounts applied.

Happy sails!:)