GTY Aquaclass - Captain club upgrade

Alex81

Hello to all!

We have recently booked a transatlantic cruise on the Reflection on April 13.

We bought a GTY (Guarantee) Aquaclass. Ou room is not assigned yet.

I understand with the Captain Club benefit, we could request an upgrade within the category.

Can I request an upgrade now for an A2? Then request the A2 cabin that we would like? Because we would really love to have the bed close to the balcony (vs washroom).

However, I am wondering if we should wait... who knows, maybe they could assign an A1 vs A2 based on availability. But we might run into the chance that less room are available and we end up with the wrong layout.(bed close to washroom).

Thank you in advance for your help :D

I don't think so. The whole point in them offering, and you buying, an QTY cabin is so they can assign you whatever they have in the AQ class, in this case. Last year I booked an AQ QTY cabin and since the date I booked was already pasted the final payment due date, as soon as I clicked the book now button I was immediately assigned not only an A2 cabin, but IMO one of the worst ones (directly below the gym). We are both Elite CC members so I would have expected better. Anyway, I called the CC's phone number and the CSR immediately reassigned us to a much better location, but still an A2 cabin.

In the end, I got the last laugh when about 7 days before sailing I was able to buy an upgrade to a SS2 for a total of $600.

GTY bookings are not eligible for any Captain's Club upgrade.

Same experience here. No CC upgrade with a GTY booking. I booked a GTY Concierge Class for my sailing next month and only got a C3 class... which is fine considering my GTY fare was still $100 pp cheaper than a C3, but it's always fun to hope!

We booked an AQ2 GTY several months ago. The stateroom was assigned about a month later. A decent AQ2. A couple of weeks ago, after they had been sold out for a while, an AQ1 became available for our cruise beginning in 3 weeks. So we called our TA and got the Captains Club upgrade to the AQ1. ;) Did the same thing on a cruise for this coming May. ;)

We booked an AQ2 GTY several months ago. The stateroom was assigned about a month later. A decent AQ2. A couple of weeks ago, after they had been sold out for a while, an AQ1 became available for our cruise beginning in 3 weeks. So we called our TA and got the Captains Club upgrade to the AQ1. ;) Did the same thing on a cruise for this coming May. ;)

Interesting! I will definitely give it a try after our room is assigned to us. Thank you! :D

Interesting. I wouldn't have thought you could do that . Good for you.

Interesting. I wouldn't have thought you could do that . Good for you.

It may have had to do with my travel agent clout. ;) Normally, we will book a specific AQ1 stateroom using the CC upgrade and pay the AQ2 rate. But on these last two cruises, the AQ2 GTY rate was too good to pass up. I didn't think about the fact that a CC upgrade, after the fact, would not be accepted. :confused: Glad it worked!!!

On S class a good A2 is better than any A1 - we always turn down the upgrade but choose an A2 under the Persian garden or similar.

When we do, we received the same answer from the sales rep on board most of the time: "most people turn it down on S class".

We were finally assigned a stateroom. We did not like it and I called Celebrity. They moved us to an A2 stateroom that we are really happy with.

We got a great deal with GTY rate and we end up in a great stateroom. We could not be happier! :cool:

On interesting fact.... When calling their Customer Service line, when selecting the line for existing reservation, they were actually closed. Then I called back, selected the line for New booking and they were open. Then they transferred me to someone to service who could assist. This situation happened to me 2 nights in a row.

I just wish they would provide them same level of service for existing booking.

We were finally assigned a stateroom. We did not like it and I called Celebrity. They moved us to an A2 stateroom that we are really happy with.

We got a great deal with GTY rate and we end up in a great stateroom. We could not be happier! :cool:

On interesting fact.... When calling their Customer Service line, when selecting the line for existing reservation, they were actually closed. Then I called back, selected the line for New booking and they were open. Then they transferred me to someone to service who could assist. This situation happened to me 2 nights in a row.

I just wish they would provide them same level of service for existing booking.

Same thing with airlines. I always select new reservations in their menues to have an existing reservation handled - much less waiting time.

On S class a good A2 is better than any A1 - we always turn down the upgrade but choose an A2 under the Persian garden or similar.

When we do, we received the same answer from the sales rep on board most of the time: "most people turn it down on S class".

Except on Reflection where, due to the additional deck, the mid-ship A1s have cabins both above and below rather than public spaces.

Except on Reflection where, due to the additional deck, the mid-ship A1s have cabins both above and below rather than public spaces.

You are right about the deck! However, personally I still prefer the ones forward because the midship staterooms are set back and the overhang is still just one deck above. We´ll be on Reflection in 1537 in September again :D

You are right about the deck! However, personally I still prefer the ones forward because the midship staterooms are set back and the overhang is still just one deck above. We´ll be on Reflection in 1537 in September again :D

Yeah, under the Spa Reception Area and Hair Salon should be pretty quiet - have a wonderful cruise.

For others considering forward A2s, just avoid those under the Fitness Center. By the way, just to clarify, the overhang from the pool deck is not directly above the mid-ship A1s since there is a deck between the A1s and the pool deck. I think that is what Miaminice meant in the above comment.