No O'Sheehan's on the Spirit

EDLOS

What do I do for breakfast without O'Sheehan's Pub on the Spirit ? Just found out there is not one on the Spirit. Being handicapped it has been my quick and easy sit down breakfast stop on both the Star and Jewel every morning. Yes, I know there is the MDR, yuk, too slow and too stuffy !

When are you going? Right now Blue Lagoon is a small place with tight tables.

They do have seating outside behind the buffet.

Yes, the Raffles Terrace - our favourite place to go to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner (when not using restaurant). Large area.

Buffet (Raffles Café) is very good. Spacious - for a ship less than 2000 pax.

Another vote for raffles terrace. It is by a long way my favourite place for breakfast on any ship I’ve been on.

Food is from the buffet, so it isn’t ideal if you’d rather be served, but the location can’t be beaten, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s called the Blue Lagoon.

New ships and new renovations won’t have o’shehans any more.

Is there table service or a buffet . Buffet's are not friendly to people walking with a cane. Yes, sometimes there are staff to assist you, but often not..oops, now I have my food , where is the nearest empty table ?

Is there table service or a buffet . Buffet's are not friendly to people walking with a cane. Yes, sometimes there are staff to assist you, but often not..oops, now I have my food , where is the nearest empty table ?

Blue Lagoon is table service.

Another vote for raffles terrace. It is by a long way my favourite place for breakfast on any ship I’ve been on.

Food is from the buffet, so it isn’t ideal if you’d rather be served, but the location can’t be beaten, in my opinion.

So we'll see plenty of you next year, lol, and might even share a table with you.

Yes, the Raffles Terrace - our favourite place to go to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner (when not using restaurant). Large area.

Buffet (Raffles Café) is very good. Spacious - for a ship less than 2000 pax.

Yes, the Spirit's buffet is quite nice and well laid out. Sun, not so much.

They serve you. The food and grill is within about 20 feet of the tables. Right now there are only a few tables - maybe seats 24 give or take and tight fit to sit. It is often busy so YMMV on waiting. Bar is right next door though.

So we'll see plenty of you next year, lol, and might even share a table with you.

Yes, if we are on the ship we are usually either at Raffles Terrace, Henry’s Pub or walking round the promenade deck. We aren’t too hard to find. :)

Yes, the Spirit's buffet is quite nice and well laid out. Sun, not so much.

Slightly off-topic, but what's wrong with the Sun's buffet? We were planning on eating breakfast there most port days. If it sucks, we may eat breakfast in the MDRs or the Sports Bar (O'Sheehan's Sun replacement) instead.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been on the Spirit lately and dined at the Blue Lagoon? Was on the Jewel in October 2017 and OSheenans had the BEST mozzarella sticks. Went on the Escape in May 2018 and sadly the OSheenans did not offer the mozzarella sticks on their menu. Anyone recently on the Spirit that knows the Blue Lagoon menu? Or specifically if these delicious mozzarella sticks are on it?? :)

Slightly off-topic, but what's wrong with the Sun's buffet? We were planning on eating breakfast there most port days. If it sucks, we may eat breakfast in the MDRs or the Sports Bar (O'Sheehan's Sun replacement) instead.

Nothing really wrong with it, it just isn't laid out as well as some buffets so it moves very slowly. The food is the same as on other ships and the crew is nice.

Sorry - didn't see this earlier. The Sun's buffet is tiny for food offerings. Also crowded. People tend to congregate there and not leave. You can go aft to sit outside though. Moderno is also overflow seating and they have some hot offerings in there for B/L as I hear is still around.

Has anyone been on the Spirit lately and dined at the Blue Lagoon? Was on the Jewel in October 2017 and OSheenans had the BEST mozzarella sticks. Went on the Escape in May 2018 and sadly the OSheenans did not offer the mozzarella sticks on their menu. Anyone recently on the Spirit that knows the Blue Lagoon menu? Or specifically if these delicious mozzarella sticks are on it?? :)

The mozz sticks were hit or miss for awhile across the fleet in terms of being on the sports bar menus. Rumors are they are gone from sports bars and we haven't seen them the last 3 trips including one on Spirt.

No loss. O'sheehans is the most overrated restaurant in the NCL fleet. Gross frozen food.

A sit down venue and being able to order order my two eggs over easy with sides or an omlette delivered to my table as I like it is not overrated. By the way, the orange juice at O'Sheehan's was real with pulp versus the Koolaid orange drink at the Lido buffet. Loved the Reuben and the thin hot fries served hot versus the steam table variety elsewhere on the ship. To each his own !!!!

No loss. O'sheehans is the most overrated restaurant in the NCL fleet. Gross frozen food.

That is like saying your favorite hang out at home is over rated. It is a matter of opinion. For us, we would never consider dinner at O'SHeehan's but for a quick breakfast or a nice sit down, casual lunch with with a decent selection it is super good and obviously very popular. We like the fact it is open 24/7. Of course the food isn't gourmet and it isn't planned to be. I think of it, like I do a local run of the mill coffee shop at home:a great place to stop after a long morning of shopping or after the doctors appointment when your appointment is too early in the morning to have time for breakfast. It beats the buffet in my opinion anyway. Each has a place, but for those who are somewhat mobility challenged OSheehan's is the answer. I think Chili's for example or someplace like that. If you enjoy those types of eateries you would like O'Sheehan's.