Brilliance Shower Issue

tnt10

Currently on Brilliance, in a GS, and have no way to control or maintain water temperature in our shower.😳

Appears repairs can only be done once we reach Tampa on the 17th.

We are booked on the following 5 day cruise in the same suite😳😳

Not happy.....

Anyone else have this issue in thier cabin??

We were on Brilliance this summer in an owners suite. Each day we did what we called the shower dance. The water would go from hot to cold. We just laughed about it and mentioned it to our room steward.

Also in a GS in same sailing and I would say the water temperature fluctuates on its own. First couple days it was tough to cool it down at all. Last couple days it varies itself from hotter to cooler.

Not a real issue for us but can understand the frustration .

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wouldn’t normally be such a huge issue, but the fluctuations have gone from almost cold to a scalding 63 c (or 145 f). (Measured by maintenance personnel). Can scald in 6 seconds😳

Maintenance just left with a work around to the problem.

So may be able to shower in my own cabin for the first time in 7 days.....

In laws had horrible toilet/sink issues on Norwegian Epic that didn’t get resolved on their sailing :(. They now hate NCL :(

It can all come down to how it’s handled by the cruise lines.....

On board with you right now. Had no hot water in shower for first 2 days. They tried to fix it once. When they finally figured out they needed to change the whole shower fixture, they said they couldn't because the the people in the next door corner aft suite would not answer the door(mid day) and that is where the service door for my room is located....in their room.

It is fixed now.

I would be surprised if they didn't have a mixing valve in spares. Sounds to me like the fine particle strainers in each of the inlet pipes built into the mixing valve are clogged or partially clogged. The mixing valve really does not regulate on temperature, but on the relative pressure of the hot and cold water inlets. If the cold is blocked, of course you get less cold water (so it gets hotter), but the mixing valve will try to reduce the amount of hot water to compensate. The internals of the mixing valve may also have some scale buildup, which is why the temperature is cyclic, as the valve is slow to respond due to the scale. They should be able to dismantle the mix valve, soak the parts in vinegar or weak acid solution (they have it in the engine room) to remove the scale.

On board with you right now. Had no hot water in shower for first 2 days. They tried to fix it once. When they finally figured out they needed to change the whole shower fixture, they said they couldn't because the the people in the next door corner aft suite would not answer the door(mid day) and that is where the service door for my room is located....in their room.

It is fixed now.

That excuse is bull, the maintenance crew have pass keys for all passenger cabins, and can enter any passenger cabin so long as there is a work order in the system (the door lock records key card usage). If they amended the work order to state that the access was in adjacent cabin, they could go in, do the repair, and leave a note for the cabin occupants that they were there and why. Done all the time.

We were on Brilliance this summer in an owners suite. Each day we did what we called the shower dance. The water would go from hot to cold. We just laughed about it and mentioned it to our room steward.

We had the same problem [emoji20][emoji20]

Wish you were on this ship Chief!

We now have little marks in pen on both the hot and cold faucets to mark where we should turn each to. Really really stupid and a futile attempt to correct the problem. If you deviate from these marks the fluctuating problem returns🙄

If Royal is not going to keep up these ships, then they should sell them off....