Parties/Events on Princess

mum and son

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if Princess hold any special themed deck parties or anything? I read the generic information on the Princess website but unsure what to expect on my upcoming cruises. I'll be on the Emerald for a B2B out of Sydney in January - can we expect any themed events or parties like they have on other cruise lines - or doesn't that really fit the Princess demographic?

They do a special deck party (moved to Piazza for inclement weather) one night. The theme has changed from year to year but is a lot of fun. They also were doing a balloon drop in the Piazza one night with music and dancing. This was to celebrate their 50th year so not sure if they will continue it next year. No special clothing is required for the parties.

Thanks all. I guess I'll just wait and see. As it's a B2B for me I'll ask around on the first half and then be prepared for the 2nd half (when 27 members of my family will be boarding!) I don't usually attend themed parties onboard but with such a big group travelling I thought it might be fun :D.

Thanks all. I guess I'll just wait and see. As it's a B2B for me I'll ask around on the first half and then be prepared for the 2nd half (when 27 members of my family will be boarding!) I don't usually attend themed parties onboard but with such a big group travelling I thought it might be fun :D.

Frequently on b2b's the party themes change from week to week. But even though the theme changes the party is basically the same. Sometimes the parties include a short show by the theater staff. Many parties start with standard dancing and then change to group line dancing, things like YMCA. I have also seen very nice musical presentations by musicians and singers from all the ship's groups. It's difficult to tell in advance what to expect. Just follow the Princess Patter. In all cases no special dress is required for any parties or activities.