Bottled Water

shannonRRT

The 12 pack bottles are 16.9 oz so it's a good deal and you don't have to lug it aboard. If you pre-order it's waiting in your cabin when you arrive. (Yes, they charge your credit card at the time you pre-order but if something happens and you don't cruise it's non-refundable). You can also wait to order on board for the same price and it's charged to your S&S card.

No more bottles means - glass bottles or plastic bottles - say, 12 pack of Poland Springs water in plastic bottles - will that be allowed?
No more bottles, period.

The 12 pack bottles are 16.9 oz so it's a good deal
It's really not. With the recent price increase it is now more than double what I can get the equivalent product for landside.

It's yet another Carnival money grab, pure plain and simple.

Piggy Backing on this, I am cruising with my son who will be 7 months old when we go. He is on an elemental formula for severe allergies and we cannot use typical bottled water or ship water. I will need to bring a gallon jug of the water we need to use. I wonder if they make exceptions for babies or if I will need to speak with Special Needs Department.

Piggy Backing on this, I am cruising with my son who will be 7 months old when we go. He is on an elemental formula for severe allergies and we cannot use typical bottled water or ship water. I will need to bring a gallon jug of the water we need to use. I wonder if they make exceptions for babies or if I will need to speak with Special Needs Department.

You need to contact special services. They sell distilled water onboard. I do not think they allow gallons of water brought on board, but they may make an exception in your case, but you would need to get permission ahead of time.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

Twice I have canceled the cruise and my pre-order for water has been refunded

That's good to hear - I was just quoting the Fun Shops page that described pre-purchace of water.

It's really not. With the recent price increase it is now more than double what I can get the equivalent product for landside.

Yes, it costs more than landside grocery stores BUT I don't have to lug it aboard ship. To me - it's worth a couple of dollars extra to have it waiting in my cabin. A 12 pack of water = one shipboard beer :beer-mug: I can live with 42 cents a bottle for water.

Mommy -- you will definitely be allowed by bring the water on board. You will need to contact Special Needs beforehand, but if challenged at the port pull up the Carnival policy that makes exceptions for babies and those with medical needs.

It's still way better than the $50 or more charged by NCL for their bottled water which is just purified tap water (Aquifina). Given the markup for soda, wine, beer and liquor it's still a great deal. Carnival is a corporation and surprisingly enough grabbing money is what corporations do, and we as consumers can spend our money with them, or not, as we choose.

Actually Carnival is in business to make money. If there hadn't been so many people trying to smuggle alcohol on board in water bottles this may not have happened.

It's still way better than the $50 or more charged by NCL for their bottled water which is just purified tap water (Aquifina). Given the markup for soda, wine, beer and liquor it's still a great deal. Carnival is a corporation and surprisingly enough grabbing money is what corporations do, and we as consumers can spend our money with them, or not, as we choose.

Funny how people think the world owes them everything and forget these details. They also forget that the "evil corporations" employ thousands of working-class individuals just like you and me.

/rant

I'm diabetic, and need to drink lots of water. Does that mean I can bring my own bottles of water?

Unless your doctor can find a reason why you cannot drink the bottled water provided by the ship, or the ship's water, then no, you can't bring bottled water. Do you require a specific brand due to medical reasons, or simply for taste preference?

I'm diabetic, and need to drink lots of water. Does that mean I can bring my own bottles of water?

no

there is plenty of water on board to purchase or to drink for free. no need to bring any.

(and I am diabetic too)