Shareholder benefit

Cassandra14

I read today on the Princess board that it is no longer necessary to wait until 90 days or less before sailing to arrange for the credit. Is this the same for Cunard, I wonder? I'd like to get it taken care of while I am thinking about it.

I read today on the Princess board that it is no longer necessary to wait until 90 days or less before sailing to arrange for the credit. Is this the same for Cunard, I wonder? I'd like to get it taken care of while I am thinking about it.

"denatravels" reported success in submitting a shareholder benefit request to Cunard more than 90 days before the sailing date in this thread from last November/December.

Carnival shareholder OBC

Regards, John

Is the carnival annual report out? Have the shareholder credit been confirmed for the coming year?

Here is a link to Carnival's "Annual Reporting" page which includes a link to a "Carnival Corporation & plc 2017 Annual Report" pdf file (dated today) within the "Carnival Corporation & plc Annual Reports" section.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-reportsannual

This 2017 annual report does include extension of the shareholder benefit through July 31, 2019.

Regards, John

Here is a link to Carnival's "Annual Reporting" page which includes a link to a "Carnival Corporation & plc 2017 Annual Report" pdf file (dated today) within the "Carnival Corporation & plc Annual Reports" section.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-reportsannual

This 2017 annual report does include extension of the shareholder benefit through July 31, 2019.

Regards, John

Good news for us shareholders!

Yay! Has it stayed the same amounts for a number of years? Definitely a great benefit!

Yes, the Carnival shareholder benefit has remained the same for quite a few years now.

Sailings of 14 days or longer = US $250

Sailings of 7 to 13 days = US $100

Sailings of 6 days or less = US $50

Yes, the Carnival shareholder benefit has remained the same for quite a few years now.

Sailings of 14 days or longer = US $250

Sailings of 7 to 13 days = US $100

Sailings of 6 days or less = US $50

Thanks! Handy to know! It's a nice extra benefit! Heard royal Caribbean are really stingy giving it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! Handy to know! It's a nice extra benefit! Heard royal Caribbean are really stingy giving it out!

That's correct. Carnival lets you combine the shareholder benefit with other OBC. Not so much the case with Royal Caribbean.

Don't forget that if you're a veteran (US, UK, Canada, Australia or New Zealand) you're eligible for the $50/$100/$250 benefit for that as well (on top of the shareholder benefit if you meet both eligibility requirements).

The web page says the offer is extended to "active duty, retired and disabled" service members but when you look at the benefit application you find that "retired" includes veterans with an honorable discharge serving a minimum of 2 years, or 6 months in an active war zone.

Once you've submitted your documentation your information is retained and you automatically get the benefit on subsequent cruises.

Unlike the Shareholder benefit, the military benefit is per person, so if two people qualify they each earn the onboard credit.

N.B.: Princess has a military program with similar eligibility and the same benefit.