Chops on Anthem- service speed?

We are on Anthem this Saturday 17th.

Ok we have Chops booked for the 21st (day 5) at 6pm and We Will Rock You booked for 22nd at 8pm.

Get an email this morning for RC saying We Will... has been moved to 21st at 8pm.

Wondering how long does it take to enjoy a meal in Chops and can we still make the show.

Called RC and talked to young person to maybe get Chops moved to next day or day earlier, but says can't due that you paid $1.00 or so less than price now!!!! So would have to cancel dinner and rebook, but said it was a gift and paid for by my daughter. So if canceled refund would go back to her card & I would have to get new booking & pay.

So just like to know from someone that has had dinner in Chops could one eat & be out of there in 1 1/2 hrs. or so?

Thanks

We are on Anthem this Saturday 17th.

Ok we have Chops booked for the 21st (day 5) at 6pm and We Will Rock You booked for 22nd at 8pm.

Get an email this morning for RC saying We Will... has been moved to 21st at 8pm.

Wondering how long does it take to enjoy a meal in Chops and can we still make the show.

Called RC and talked to young person to maybe get Chops moved to next day or day earlier, but says can't due that you paid $1.00 or so less than price now!!!! So would have to cancel dinner and rebook, but said it was a gift and paid for by my daughter. So if canceled refund would go back to her card & I would have to get new booking & pay.

So just like to know from someone that has had dinner in Chops could one eat & be out of there in 1 1/2 hrs. or so?

Thanks

We felt that service was very good in Chops on Anthem. I would just tell them you have a show you are trying to make. Chops is right near the theater, so you do not have far to go at all to get to WWRY. As long as you aren't getting multiple appetizers, I think you will be fine. On another note, don't leave WWRY too soon or you will miss the very best song at the end.

OP: You need to leave yourself some time to get decent seats in the theatre (unless that doesn't matter to you). Also, there's a point before the show starts when they start letting people in from the standby line who don't have reservations. (I can't recall when, maybe 15 minutes before?) So please keep that in mind.

I personally don't like the "pressure" of having to be done with a meal by a certain time. I like the suggestion above to see if you can change your booking once on board; after all, it's Royal that moved the show on you! (Another reason the phone rep should have switched it without anything more; you might call back on that.)

(BTW: I truly hope you have a far better experience at Chops than we did a few weeks ago. We had the worst server ever; he brought our hot apps into the restaurant but left them sitting off to the side, unserved, while he dealt with the bill for another table. By the time he got around to us, the food was cold and we sent it back. This threw off the timing of the entire meal, although the server assured us it would not. My steak, when it finally came, was so overdone I could not cut it. That had to be sent back too. We are not picky eaters, but this was easily the worst meal of the cruise.)

Thanks for your replies.

I'm going to see if I can get Chops ressie changed as we are with a group of other friends & we all had the We Will Rock You date changed and would like to see it with them. Talked to my TA tonight and he will try to get Chops changed without the BS I got about can't due to price being about $1.00 more than when purchased.

If he can't I will just get to guess service desk once on ship (hope it will not be too busy) and hope they will just take care of it as it should have been without the BS.

When you get on board go to chops to make your changes. We have changed days, times, and restaurants. Although you can make changes anywhere I have found the chops staff the easiest and quickest to help out. happy cruising

OK, my TA got the same B.S.

Thanks for the tip & will see Chops about changing date. Do you know if the will be open after boarding?

Thanks

Go right when you board. They are waiting for people to make and change reservations. It should be a very easy process. Many people do not use the internet to book reservations and do it when they get on the ship. I have changed reservation dates with no problem. I agree with some of the above opinions, do not rush Chops. It is a wonderful experience and I have not had a bad meal there.