Can my 16yr old do ultimate ship tour with me?

Nixieh

Hi all,

My DD is about to turn 16 and I would love to take her on the ultimate ship tour on our forthcoming cruise on Sapphire Princess. Does anyone know if this is 18 and over?

Thanks in advance

Oddly enough the Princess site doesn't list any age restriction on the page about the tour. OK, I guess it's not odd considering that it's the Princess IT team.

https://www.princess.com/cruise-tips-vacation-ideas/cruise-destinations/cruise-tips-advice-and-information/go-behind-the-scenes-with-the-ultimate-ship-tour.html

What's your point? I'm spending $150 on my kids soccer practice. Who cares if OP wants to spend $ for their daughter to have this experience.

Being that I have to WORK for my money, I have to choose carefully what my priorities are. Good for them if they want to spend $150 PER on a 16 year old that I don't think would be the least bit interested in seeing the ships laundry or having champagne with the captain

Being that I have to WORK for my money, I have to choose carefully what my priorities are. Good for them if they want to spend $150 PER on a 16 year old that I don't think would be the least bit interested in seeing the ships laundry or having champagne with the captain

Quite a comment when you don't know the OP or the 16 year old!

OP - we did the Ultimate Ship Tour when it first came out almost 10 years ago. Just like your daughter, I'm not an engineer or a medical professional or a restaurant manager or a singer/dancer or a laundry manager or a ship's engineer or a ship's captain but I found each stop fascinating and it was a real pleasure to hear the pride in the various managers and staff describing how each of their sections functioned. I am sure a 16 year old will find it just as fascinating if not more. Just learning firsthand about all the different careers and responsibilities on a ship - some of which may be totally new to her - will be a learning experience. Not to mention she'll get lots of swag to take home!

I know I don’t need to justify myself to a random stranger on the internet but I am going to anyway.

Firstly, I am a teacher of children with special needs who WORKS very hard for her money!

Secondly, my daughter and I regularly watch and enjoy ‘TheCruise’ on television. It is a documentary series which shows behind the scenes on the Royal Princess. It is a British show that I don’t think airs in the US but is very popular over here in the UK and we love watching all the comings and goings in the kitchens, organising weddings, the engineers challenges etc and yes even dramas from the laundry.

I don’t drink, shop or use the spa as I prefer to spend my hard-earned money on experiences that myself and my family will treasure. I remember taking my oldest DD on a behind the scenes Keys to the Kingdom tour at Disney World at 16 and she loved it and still talks about it to this day. I wouldn't even consider paying out that much money if I didn't know my DD would love it.

As the saying goes, each to his own…

Oh and thanks for all the other helpful replies. :D:):)

Again, what's your point? Both DH and I WORK for our $$...do you think anyone on these boards isn't working or retired from decent paying jobs? You're hysterical with your comments and how you're judging a kid you've never met.