Afternoon Tea, Specifically on the Grand

INeedAMaiTai

The best item is probably the scones. THey are also available at the buffet.

This is NOT a super fancy tea like on Celebrity or formerly on Disney (no longer available there), but neither does it come with a charge.

We were offered finger sandwiches--cheese spread, tuna, etc, various "cookies" which included fruitcake, and the scones with jam and clotted cream. They served coffee, decaf, and normal tea, poured from large carafes. You could also request the ice tea made from syrup (the stuff they serve in the dining room). You'll be seated at a table with others--usually 6 or 8 people per table.

It is a nice afternoon break. It is definitely a nice thing for "free," but I wouldn't pay extra for it. Also, the buffet had scones with and without raisins. Those at the tea were only the ones with raisins.

When we were on the Regal last month, we hit the afternoon tea on several occasions. They did have the plain scones in addition to the ones with raisins. That was great for me because I end up picking the raisins out. On the Crown, they only had the ones with raisins.

The scones definitely top the list for tea. Our only problem is that we'd munch all the goodies at tea & then not be at all interested in dinner a few hours later!

My 11 year old daughter is super excited about afternoon tea on our Alaska cruise in June. Does anyone have any photos that I can share with her or specific menu items that you enjoyed? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are leaving on the Grand on the 29th of this month and sure to do tea during our cruise. If you will either check back in mid-May or let me know where to post pictures, I'd be happy to take some. I can post to Drop Box unless you have a preference.

You can also order an individual pot of a specific type of tea. I have to have decaf, so I usually go with one of the herbal teas they have available. But they'll also let you order Darjeeling, English breakfast, or one of the other black teas they have available.

We are leaving on the Grand on the 29th of this month and sure to do tea during our cruise. If you will either check back in mid-May or let me know where to post pictures, I'd be happy to take some. I can post to Drop Box unless you have a preference.

Would love to see some photos on here if you get time :). We are on the Grand in August.

• 2 weeks later...

If I did this correctly, here are pictures of Afternoon Tea on Grand Princess. We just got off today, May 6, 2018. I'm sorry but I forgot to ask about a gluten free option. I'm sure if they do have something, you would need to request that in advance so maybe you can ask when you check in with your special dietary request the first evening.

Please let me know if this does not post correctly. I don't use Dropbox often.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7p9je8rzqkxe6l7/AADzH3og0CwKYrZLDwf8d2PPa?dl=0

Edited by coopco
First link not public

My 11 year old daughter is super excited about afternoon tea on our Alaska cruise in June. Does anyone have any photos that I can share with her or specific menu items that you enjoyed? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

FYI...There is no menu, like others have said they bring around trays & explain what they have.

Several things they don’t tell you. You can order other teas besides what they bring around. You have to ask but they have at least one sugar free dessert.

Tom😎

If I did this correctly, here are pictures of Afternoon Tea on Grand Princess. We just got off today, May 6, 2018. I'm sorry but I forgot to ask about a gluten free option. I'm sure if they do have something, you would need to request that in advance so maybe you can ask when you check in with your special dietary request the first evening.

Please let me know if this does not post correctly. I don't use Dropbox often.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7p9je8rzqkxe6l7/AADzH3og0CwKYrZLDwf8d2PPa?dl=0

Thank you so much for posting the photographs. The tea looks wonderful and I’m sure we’ll be paying a visit in August ;). What time did it take place on your sailing?

Thank you so much for posting the photographs. The tea looks wonderful and I’m sure we’ll be paying a visit in August ;). What time did it take place on your sailing?

For our sailing, Afternoon Tea was from 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. Since we had early seating for dinner at 5:30, it was hard to not spoil your dinner with all the yummy selections to chose from. We went on the day we went to the Crown Grill since we had late reservations and also went on the last full day and just suffered a lot at dinner. We love tea when we can fit it in without feeling like a beached whale!