Update on Bliss GoKart, water slides, reservations, etc.

gambit57

I don't get it. I'm sailing the Bliss in March for 15 days on the Panama Canal. My 9 and 11 year old daughters are coming, luck them. I called NCL about the Arcade passes and the rep said they could be purchased on board for just the kids. Why can't they get their information straight? is it everyone in the cabin or just the kids? Does this vary depending on the cruise? My kids might be 2 of 20 on this long cruise. It would already cost me $300 just for arcade passes for them for 15 days. I'll be darned if I'll pay another $300 for my wife and I for silly arcade games. I'm guessing since the passengers will be 90% 50+ that the arcade will be a ghost town. I just wish I could get straight info on these arcade passes.

I was told yesterday by a reservation clerk via phone that you can purchase a weekly unlimited pass for $99.95 and a daily unlimited pass for $29.95 per person. However, if you can’t reservations is it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks same information I received over the phone, just curious if anyone actually bought one. With a teen, no basketball and 3 sea days it may be worth it.

Are we watching something different?

It's painful to watch because it's so slow.

Well you see people passing her. So she’s not going as fast as she could. They go to 30mph. People made the laps in about 30 seconds. 1000ft Laps. If my math is right that’s 22 mph overall. It’s all hairpin turns pretty much. But you know, you don’t have to do it if it doesn’t look fun. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got back from the Bliss. I appreciate all previous posters reporting back, and I want to do the same. Some things have changed.

It was suggested that I try to get there early and make reservations via the app while connected to the ship's wifi. While I could connect to the ship's wifi from outside, I couldn't make reservations via the app. I couldn't do it using the touch screens either (Deck 5's forward screen on the right when facing the elevator's has a broken card scanner; the other side works).

Instead, I was directed to Q starting at 11 AM. One line to make reservations for the Go Kart and Laser Tag, another line to make entertainment reservations. Restaurant reservations were in another dining room. Book dining reservations early if you can. Those lines really sucked.

Unless you have a big party, on my sailing, you really didn't need reservations for the Go Karts. The weather might have had something to do with it. They do have limited hours. There are only two tandem karts, and one of them doesn't work properly (they said it's been wonky for a couple of trips now). No reservations for the tandems. They just block off a few hours and only run the tandems. With just 2 karts at a time, expect a wait.

Location of stairs to Go Karts is in the back by Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. Don't go through the sliding doors. There's a lighted and flashing sign, but it's surprisingly hard to see. Going up to the mini golf area is a great spot to take pictures of the karts on the upper deck. The lighting is a lot better and you get way more angles.

They have blocks for shorter folks. Friend went that isn't 5 feet (yes, she's an adult). They recommend 54 inches minimum. There's no power steering so it does take a bit of muscle to turn in some corners so skinny kids, even if they're tall enough, might have issues. The other thing is the lack of visible signs. I did see a kid of about 12 just slam full speed into a lady (she looked hurt) because he missed the checkered flag until too late. Those people in that other post weren't kidding about kids being a problem.

Kids under about 16 probably shouldn't ride it, unless they've got decent karting or driving experience. However, many adults also lack decent driving skills and awareness and probably shouldn't ride it either.

Part of the issue is that there's just no good place to pass. If you've got some drivers who just want a leisurely joy ride and to pose for pictures, it messes things up for those trying to get the best lap times. The workers acknowledge this is an issue.

I was stuck behind a guy who insisted on traveling smack in the middle of the lane. Left no room to pass. I was inches from him for two laps and bumped him once accidentally when he randomly slowed for no reason. My guess is that the workers noticed because as he went sort of wide in one of the bigger openings, he suddenly stopped and I was able to squeeze by him. I know he saw me riding his tail and still refused to move over so my guess is the workers slowed him when they got a chance to let me pass. The boost button doesn't appear to do anything.

Wear black and waterproof. I got soaked because it was drizzling now and then, plus, condensation seems to collect on the back of the ship. The soot from the stacks also falls down onto the track. I was wearing a white shirt under my partially zipped jacket and my wife had a white fleece on. We came back with big black splatters everywhere. Other riders during clear sky days said they still had problems with condensation and the soot. Aft balcony person told me the soot falls on part of their balcony as well, so they have to just sit waaaaay back to be able to enjoy their balcony.

Didn't get to try Laser Tag because it's only open from 5 PM - 10 PM. Was busy with dinners, shows, etc.

The water slide that uses the floaties is suitable even for little kids. Yet it's still pretty fun for bigger kids and adults. Lots of colors and lights. Better than Disney's AquaDuck even if it doesn't go as fast as a whole. You can wear a GoPro if you want on this.

The drop slide is a little weird. Minimum height is only 48 inches, but you also need to be over 99 pounds. People do get stuck. I'm not sure why. Women seem to get stuck more than men. Weight doesn't seem to have anything to do with it. No jewelry or ANYTHING allowed on your body. They even tell the men to take off rash guards. Apparently, the more skin you have showing, the less likely you'll get stuck. I'm not exactly well padded, but it doesn't hurt at all. It is very intense and there's so much spray and condensation that you really can't see much while you're in it. There is a second opening to get people out who get stuck.

Both slides are quite warm while in them. It's when you're out and waiting that it gets cold. Especially in Alaska. They do have glass on the sides to help block the wind, but there are big gaps so a little wind still gets through.

Dining reservations didn't seem to be a problem unless you wanted one from 6:30 - 8 PM. Parties of 2 have it easiest. I made a reservation in the middle of the week for the next day. Had to eat at 5 PM for Le Bistro (not worth it).

Thanks so much! Great information!