Possibility to visit capitain's bridge

Hi

Do anyone knows about an options to learn about "how it works" - exploring the captain's bridge? This is our 4th cruise and during Transatlantic cruising we have plenty of free time at Sea. Was anyone invited to see the bridge ever, on Royal Caribbean or other companies?

Thanks

Typically it seems you need to be staying in a suite or at least a Diamond member to get the invite. That's not always the case though. When my wife and I sailed on the Liberty a few years back we left a nice letter for the captain at the customer relations desk when we first boarded. After a few days we got an invite to tour the bridge with a group or Diamond members. We were thrilled! Even better, he invited us to hang back when the group left and sat down and chatted with us for about 10 minutes. One of the best cruise memories I have.

On the NCL Star in March the Captain invited everyone at our Meet and Greet. We received personalized invitations in our cabin with the allotted time on the final sea day.

Each group was up there for about 25 minutes, fantastic.

Thank-you Cruisecritic!

When we were on a Princess cruise, and celebrating an anniversary, I found out the name of the Captain previous to sailing. I wrote a nice note..on good stationary..requesting a bridge tour and gave it to an officer upon boarding. A few days later we received an invite. We were staying in a normal balcony cabin. Wonderful experience.

Invited all captains club member for a tour you needed to sign up and they did let non members who asked what was going on - it was really interesting we were on the bridge for about 25 minutes.

As Diamond Plus members we usually receive invitations to a bridge, kitchen and backstage tour. Once we were invited to tour the engine control room with the Chief Engineer. All of the tours were free but none came with the "gifts" that are included as part of the $150 "All Access Tour" that they now offer, but frankly I don't believe that those "extras" in anyway justify the fee. Clearly, however, many of those who have paid the fee for the All Access Tour have been more than satisfied with the tour and its price.

Windstar has an "open bridge" policy (except when entering or leaving a harbor). Nice perk of their small ships. At my safety drill the Captain announced "due to security requirements access to the bridge is limited to invited guests. You're all invited."

Roy

Where does Royal Family Suite (not Royal Suite) rank in terms of being invited? My DH and my 5 years old who will be interested.

I'm not sure about a "rank" but the RFS is considered a suite and would be on par with the GS. I'm not sure about children taking the bridge tour. We were in a RFS and were invited to a bridge tour, but did not take the 5 year old.

We have been invited to the bridge tour 2 times.

We stayed in a Grand Suite on the Freedom of the Seas and got the invite through the Conciernage.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew.

Same here, it is a benefit that Suite passengers get. It is only scheduled a few times a sailing. We were able to arrange it through the concierge on our TA sailing.

I believe that Diamond Plus passengers are also afforded this benefit.

Archived