New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Our TA was able to do the same thing for us as well. Awesome! Not to one-up you, but our TA also said they would honour the paid gratuities out of their commission on top of the beverage package. I hope you find another amazing Celebrity cruise to book to take advantage of this promo.

That is great! We ended up keeping the paid gratuities also! Amazing deal! So, happy!!!

The mystery of this promotion is mind boggling. I have an existing Reservation for February, it's all paid for and past the payment deadline. I decided to give Celebrity a call and ask about my chances of getting free Classic drink package as a part of the new Promo. I didn't have high hopes, no hopes actually, but decided to give them a call and ask nicely.

I booked my cruise with Ontario Resident rates and was fully prepared to hear that I can't combine my Resident rate with this promo. Heck, I was fully prepared to be laughed at for calling and asking for it. At the time of booking there was another promo that gave me $100 On Board credit.

I called and after being put on hold several times by a very helpful agent, I was told that yes, I could take an advantage of the new promo and add Drink packages to my reservation without loosing my Resident discount, but only because I also booked Choice Air and apparently there is another department that can apply this promotion to my reservation. I was on hold for 20 minutes while this mysterious department was working on the changes to my reservation. When the agent came back on line, he told me that all changes were completed and the only change that I will see to my reservation was a swap of my $100 OBC for 2 Free Classic Drink packages. 10 minutes later I got a new invoice and the promo was listed on it!

I'm still in disbelief that it actually worked, what a "swap" - $100 OBC for $700 worth of drink packages!

Now I just hope that it wasn't some kind of mistake and the changes will be reversed on my ressie. So, apparently if you book Choice Air with your Cruise there is another department that will honour this promo. Confusing, but I'm not complaining..

Read my above post. You can do this online in your Celebrity booking page.

I tried this and it did not work for me. When I select "Book Beverage Packages", I get a screen that shows no options and just list the potential fuel surcharge at the bottom of the page. Maybe it is not set up for purchase for my cruise as of yet? I don't know. I will try again in a few days to see if your suggestion works then. Thanks anyways.

The mystery of this promotion is mind boggling. I have an existing Reservation for February, it's all paid for and past the payment deadline. I decided to give Celebrity a call and ask about my chances of getting free Classic drink package as a part of the new Promo. I didn't have high hopes, no hopes actually, but decided to give them a call and ask nicely.

I booked my cruise with Ontario Resident rates and was fully prepared to hear that I can't combine my Resident rate with this promo. Heck, I was fully prepared to be laughed at for calling and asking for it. At the time of booking there was another promo that gave me $100 On Board credit.

I called and after being put on hold several times by a very helpful agent, I was told that yes, I could take an advantage of the new promo and add Drink packages to my reservation without loosing my Resident discount, but only because I also booked Choice Air and apparently there is another department that can apply this promotion to my reservation. I was on hold for 20 minutes while this mysterious department was working on the changes to my reservation. When the agent came back on line, he told me that all changes were completed and the only change that I will see to my reservation was a swap of my $100 OBC for 2 Free Classic Drink packages. 10 minutes later I got a new invoice and the promo was listed on it!

I'm still in disbelief that it actually worked, what a "swap" - $100 OBC for $700 worth of drink packages!

Now I just hope that it wasn't some kind of mistake and the changes will be reversed on my ressie. So, apparently if you book Choice Air with your Cruise there is another department that will honour this promo. Confusing, but I'm not complaining..

We are also sailing in February on an Ontario resident rate with $100 OBC and will be Elite level but my TA (a very large volume Celebrity TA) was told that we could not get the 1-2-3 promotion drinks package added under any circumstances. The inconsistencies in how Celebrity is applying this promotion to fully paid bookings is deplorable :(

Hi roxette

Would you mind letting me know how you managed to get this amended as notice you're based in Sweden and I was told by Celebrity it's USA only bookings? I'm still waiting for Celebrity to come back to me after I emailed them a screen print of their offer and NOWHERE does it states USA only.

Many Thanks

There is a huge promotion in Sweden, all the travel agents who sell cruises has it right now. It's The classic package deal and if you're booking any Med cruise this summer you get a free upgrade to balcony if you book an outside.

I had booked an inside cabin for March 2014 on the Summit. I had planned on purchasing the beverage package for myself and husband. Called today and changed the reservation for a balcony with the free drink package. Then I added the premium upgrade at $11. 50 pppd.

The grand total is cheaper than what I was going to pay for the inside with drink package. So, basically I got a free balcony and free upgrade to premium.

I did lose the 1/2 deposit promotion I had used to book so had to add the rest of the regular deposit but I'm still thrilled.

Best is I booked one of the sweet 16.

Thanks CC for all the help.

I am so excited, I just booked my first X cruise!! I have been looking for a while but this promo pushed me over the edge. I got a Concierge class cabin for less than what I had priced on the lowest obstructed balcony cabin. I took the beverage package and still got a $200 cash back option from my ta when I prove that I spent at least 200 onboard. Wooo Hooo!

It seems that this offer does NOT apply to Transatlantic Cruises leaving this spring?

This does not seemed to have been asked and I cant find it in the original 123 offer. Anyone else on a Atlantic Crossing had any luck with this offer?

It seems that this offer does NOT apply to Transatlantic Cruises leaving this spring?

This does not seemed to have been asked and I cant find it in the original 123 offer. Anyone else on a Atlantic Crossing had any luck with this offer?

Hi David,

I'm certain I noticed Transatlantic sailings yesterday. Im not positive whether they were Eastbound or Westbound. However, I heard Celebrity would be updating the website links on the 1,2,3 page to make sailings easier to locate. Hopefully, they will be listed again tomorrow.

Booked today - I use a New Zealand TA, so we have to go through Australia. Celebrity Australia have said a flat NO to the classic package, although it shows on the website I log in to. Told I had an Inside to Balcony upgrade - and that is it!

Reason I use a NZ Accredited TA - protection.

Celebrity Australia really needs to start getting it's act together. Yes we have finally got decent ships down here, but why are we treated like second class passengers by the cruise line????

Rant over

Hi roxette

Would you mind letting me know how you managed to get this amended as notice you're based in Sweden and I was told by Celebrity it's USA only bookings? I'm still waiting for Celebrity to come back to me after I emailed them a screen print of their offer and NOWHERE does it states USA only.

Many Thanks

Hi, this is NOT USA ONLY, as at least a couple of TAs in Finland are promoting this too. Seems it's just UK that is not participating. Too bad I use to book through a UK office, but now I have to find another for our upcoming cruise. Both Finnish TAs have no additional advantages to booking through them, so I don't see what I gain by booking through a TA comparing to booking straight via Celebrity.

We booked a Summit Cruise from Puerto Rico for January 2014 in the beginning of december 2012. We contacted Swedish Celebrity yesterday and cancelled our cruise ( only a minimal fee, about 30 euros). We booked again during the same call and uppgraded to balcony and got free drink packages for both of us. We are really happy with the service and possibility to get the package. The only downside is you wont be able to upgrade after final payment and keep the package. It is important to book a cabin you really want.

There is a huge promotion in Sweden, all the travel agents who sell cruises has it right now. It's The classic package deal and if you're booking any Med cruise this summer you get a free upgrade to balcony if you book an outside.

The UK promotion is sailings out of Southampton & Harwich.

When we return from Tenerife on Friday, I will ring Celebrity.

We already have 2A balcony cabin, but would upgrade if I had to on our TA out of Harwich on 24th Oct, which is advertised as part of the promotion. I do have a small amount of OBC on the booking, which I would be willing to for go, if it was a better deal.

I have also had a big no from my Celebrity Consultant here in Oz for our Sth America/Panama cruise March 2014. I have refered my request up the line and have asked for an explanation of why Aussie bookings are being discriminated against.

After booking most of my cruises in the US this is the first time I have booked here. Back to the US for future bookings for me.

Debbie

Hi Debbie, just wondering whether you got anywhere with this? I was told by the supervisor that she would contact me today, but didnt hear back. I'll be back on the phone in the morning :/

I tried this and it did not work for me. When I select "Book Beverage Packages", I get a screen that shows no options and just list the potential fuel surcharge at the bottom of the page. Maybe it is not set up for purchase for my cruise as of yet? I don't know. I will try again in a few days to see if your suggestion works then. Thanks anyways.

They were upgrading the site, methinks. It all of a sudden worked for me again starting around 11PM. They added an "upgrade" option for the premium beverage package, probably to relieve stress on the call center.

DH was on the phone with an Celebrity agent inquiring about the promotion and she 'cancelled' and 'rebooked' him. While he was on the phone we could see that our reservation was being modified online. The agent then said it would take 4 or 5 days for the package to appear because they were having some system issues. Is this normal? I'm a little nervous. It doesn't have an initial reservation date anymore...so I know she did something to the reservation. What do you think? When I went into the beverage package it said that '0' were purchased and offered me the option to purchase.

I have got US T/A and on my first contact was told my transatlantic cruise did not qualify. I got a quote from a different T/A and forwarded it to her to show that cruise did qualify. This was her response.

"The cruise line very specifically states, that this promotion is for new bookings ONLY, cancel rebooks not applicable.

Promotion Rules

This Offer is applicable on select Celebrity Cruises that depart between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2013. This promotion is not applicable for guarantee cabins. This offer is based on availability and subject to change without notice and is not combinable with all fare codes. Some restrictions may apply. Credit for previous purchases is not permitted and guests who previously booked, cancelled and then rebooked during this period are not eligible.

I am very sorry but the cruise line is very strict on these requirements."

I have also got Choiceair booking, not sure what to do next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just cancelled our booking and rebooked.

Germany started offering a similar deal on 7 January - we booked on 2 January.

Gave our TA a call and got a very firm "no". Obviously no chance to add the deal to an existing booking (we haven't even paid the - non-refundable - deposit yet). Asked about cancelling and rebooking. Still a very firm no. We even considered cancelling and upgrading from a 2B to a 1A or even A1... nope.

Yesterday our TA doubled their onboard credit.

Yes, I am (okay: was) happy with the price we paid. But it's frustrating. We just booked because the prices had begone to go up (mildly) and we worried about the cruise getting even more expensive. Frustrating especially if I read that in the US Celebrity seems to bend the rules. I guess if we go on another Celebrity cruise (first time cruisers) we will book through Celebrity US. And I should possibly unsubscribe from any newsletter as well as this board.

I called Celebrity because I added the drink package and upgraded to premium on Monday but it is still not showing up in my reservation. I was told that the promotion code was added but it won't show up on my reservation until 10 days before my cruise. It makes me nervous not to see it there.

I have got US T/A and on my first contact was told my transatlantic cruise did not qualify. I got a quote from a different T/A and forwarded it to her to show that cruise did qualify. This was her response.

"The cruise line very specifically states, that this promotion is for new bookings ONLY, cancel rebooks not applicable.

Promotion Rules

This Offer is applicable on select Celebrity Cruises that depart between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2013. This promotion is not applicable for guarantee cabins. This offer is based on availability and subject to change without notice and is not combinable with all fare codes. Some restrictions may apply. Credit for previous purchases is not permitted and guests who previously booked, cancelled and then rebooked during this period are not eligible.

I am very sorry but the cruise line is very strict on these requirements."

I have also got Choiceair booking, not sure what to do next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evidently, Celebrity is not so strict with these requirements. Last night, my TA booked us on Millennium out of Shanghai to Vancouver in April 2014 into an Aqua Class guarantee cabin and we got the Classic drink package from Celebrity for free and the TA paid our on-board gratuities. So we got over $2000 of benefits on tickets that only cost us a little over $5000 for the two of us. So they are applying these new perks to 2014 cruises and to guarantee bookings.

Hi Libbie,

We are in the same boat (pun sorta-kinda intended!). We had the classic package applied, but it does not show up on our reservation. Our TA sent an updated invoice, but all it has on it is that there is "an instand discount complements of" our TA. The beverage package is not stated on the invoice at all!

Like you said, it makes me a little uncomfortable for X to wait 4 - 6 weeks to apply it to my reservation. 10 days isn't much time to get things resolved if it doesn't show up!

Hi Libbie,

We are in the same boat (pun sorta-kinda intended!). We had the classic package applied, but it does not show up on our reservation. Our TA sent an updated invoice, but all it has on it is that there is "an instand discount complements of" our TA. The beverage package is not stated on the invoice at all!

Like you said, it makes me a little uncomfortable for X to wait 4 - 6 weeks to apply it to my reservation. 10 days isn't much time to get things resolved if it doesn't show up!

Our TA sends us a booking agreement contract that clearly states we will get the Classic Drinks package and that the TA is paying our on-board gratuities. Here is an extract of the statement:

2B) Amenity: You are set to receive Classic drink package and pre-paid gratuities.

You should have such a statement in your TA contract also. That is really all the assurance I need no matter if it shows up on the reservation with Celebrity or not.

Edited by FrankinPA